problems need help no dash lights?

bX aCcOrd

Reaction score
All of a sudden none of my dashlights turn on when I turn in the lights. I dont know wtf happen checked fuses checked relay, all working good. Help willing to pay someone in bx to fix.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
is your accord a V6? I didn't know this until a few minutes ago but I guess there was a recall.....you might need a new drivers side MICU

Safety Recall: Accord LX V6 Instrument Panel Lighting
BACKGROUND
The dimmer control for the instrument panel lights may
fail and, at night, the driver may not be able to see the
instrument panel gauges and displays.
VEHICLES AFFECTED
2000 Accord LX V6 2-Door:
From VIN 1HGCG224.YA000001 thru
1HGCG224.YA043733
2000 Accord LX V6 4-Door:
From VIN 1HGCG164.YA000001 thru
1HGCG164.YA101229
2001 Accord LX V6 2-Door:
From VIN 1HGCG224.1A000001 thru
1HGCG224.1A007174
CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION
All owners of affected vehicles will be mailed a
notification of this recall campaign. An example of the
customer letter is at the end of this service bulletin.
Not all vehicles within the VIN ranges are affected by
this recall. Before beginning work on a vehicle, verify
its eligibility by checking at least one of these items:
• The customer has a notification letter.
• The vehicle is shown on your campaign
responsibility report.
• The vehicle is shown as eligible on an iN VIN status
inquiry.
Some vehicles affected by this recall may be in your
used car inventory. According to federal law, these
vehicles cannot be sold or leased until they are
repaired. To see if a vehicle is affected by this recall,
do a VIN status inquiry before selling it.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the driver’s side multiplex control unit.

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
i think it is located near driver side fuse panel, there is also a multiplexor on passenger side.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
i have the same problem as you. it only happens when you turn on your headlights right? yea i was told its the multiplexor, but when i got my oiled changed and asked the mechanic, he said it wasnt the multiplexor, it was a shortage from the headlight switch when you turn it on? i haz a v6 coupe.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
i have the same problem as you. it only happens when you turn on your headlights right? yea i was told its the multiplexor, but when i got my oiled changed and asked the mechanic, he said it wasnt the multiplexor, it was a shortage from the headlight switch when you turn it on? i haz a v6 coupe.

was this a honda dealership or an independent shop you had your oil changed at? most independent repair shops dont have access to honda's interactive network, so they don't know anything about recalls or that type of stuff, and they wouldn't be willing to fix it for free. I'd have to look up a wiring diagram to be 100% sure, but if your switch had a short, wouldn't it blow the fuse when you turned it on? if you got the v6 the its probably the multiplex control unit. look at the specs I put up above and see if your accord falls in that range. If it does just bring it to any honda dealership and tell them its a recall and they need to fix it.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
yea it was an independent shop. thx. sry bx if i high jacked your thread, didn't mean too. is it only for LX? i have an ex

bX aCcOrd

Reaction score
well the problem frist started when i had a radio problem. my stock radio just stop working no power was getting to it but the fuse was good and since the power outlet and the radio are on the same fuse power outlet was working. I dont know wtf my boy did and it started working back. This was in the day time didnt drive the car at night until 3 days later and no dash light. The problem is that my boi lives in fl and ina in ny he was just visting. And i dont know wtf he did and i dont understand this explaination of what he did?

Back