G23?

asdredcoupe

Reaction score
so I was debating the v6 manual swap but I realize that would basically require a whole new car seeing that mine is a f23 so I have done a lot of research and found out about this beast of a motor know as the g23 Frankenstein I was wondering if anyone has built one or has one in their car already or just know of any issues with them I know the head gasket and a little bit of wiring is the worst part that I have found let me know of anything that could be helpful

TobEZ

Reaction score
The crank gear for the f23 won't match with the teeth on the H22 head, so u should get an h22 crank gear/cog and swap it out, then u need to frakenstein the water pump system, ohh and the H22 head has more oil wells then the f23 block, so u need to block out the farthest 2, lastly is the gasket issue, that's a hit or miss, I heard of people using h22 gaskets, or Honda Odyssey gaskets

jdmcg5f23a1

Reaction score
so what would be the best thing to do build an f23a1, frankenstein a g23, h22, h23, or an f20? they say u can put k20a2 pistons in an f23a1 mill the head to achieve a 12:1 c/r but is compression alone enough to beef up an f23a1? i love my sohc vtec but i want just a lil bit more power. any good reasonable suggestions?

sbanitt13

Reaction score
I've also been wondering about what the best engine is as far as potential goes. Looking forward to seeing more answers on this post.
I have a f23a4 in my coupe

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ocho

Reaction score
G23 is easy. I built one myself. Building another one now.
I haven't had an accord for a few years but just got another one to tow my ep3.
Get h22 head and buy some hex head plugs from oriellys big enough to tap 2 oil train holes on the cam gear side, use hondabond or loctite to ensure a seal. find an h22 water pump and use a gear puller to pull the water pump gear off and do the same for the f23 water pump. then get the h22 water pump gear pressed on the f23 water pump. Get an h22 crank pulley or h23 crank pulley and install that. Then you use an h22 timing belt and tensioner. also an h22 head gasket. find a water pipe of 90-93 accord and slap it together. done. Then the engine harness is up to you...you can swap to and obd1, wire up a resistor box for injectors, and a obd2x (whatever your accord is) to obd1 jumper for a p28 ecu for hondata or an h22a ecu. or just find an obd2 prelude ecu and harness for a manual. Im going to keep my accord auto so its going to take some thinking to add the prelude's TCU (trans control unit) to the ecu since our accords TCU is built in to our ECU. Its not hard. Good Luck!

Back