Need help with CA Smog problems

Sabahi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just found out about this website, i had no idea the 6th gen accord was this popular!

The issue i'm facing is I had installed a crappy eBay air intake and threw out my stock filter. I later upgraded to the K&N filters but attached to the ebay pipes.

I just found out my car won't pass smog now because the laws here in CA are kind of ridiculous, I need a CARB legal sticker. :banghead: I checked out the K&N website and they said they would supply me with one, all I have to do is show them a picture of my K&N intake manifold attached to my vehicle.

The problem is since my pipes are not K&N and only the filter is, they won't supply me with that sticker, I'm confused on what to do.. any ideas would be appreciated.

As a side note, I do know smog places that will pass me no problem but I rather keep it legal.

Rallypoint_1

Reaction score
^have to agree with "space monkey", go to the yard and get the Oem. It will make it a lot easier. Take the test, pass, remove and keep aside until a couple of years from now. Funny thing, I just got my car smogged and they do the visual but only check the obdII for codes. No roller test.

Sabahi

Reaction score
is there a possibility someone with a 4 cyl sedan that has K&N Intake can take a pic of their engine compartment so i can get that sticker from K&N?

Sabahi

Reaction score
Anyone with a K&N intake please help!

Hello everyone,

I Just found out my car failed smog because my piping for my air intake is not carb legal, even though the filter attached to it is a K&N and is legal.

I contacted K&N so they can supply me with a CARB legal sticker so I can pass smog, now they requested a picture of under my hood to see that K&N piping is installed.

The only problem is my piping isn't K&N so they won't supply me with it. Is there any chance someone with a 4cyl sedan can take a pic of their K&N installed and help me out here? I can't afford paying for new piping or getting a stock air intake. I threw it out thinking i would pass no problem! :banghead::banghead:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
^have to agree with "space monkey", go to the yard and get the Oem. It will make it a lot easier. Take the test, pass, remove and keep aside until a couple of years from now. Funny thing, I just got my car smogged and they do the visual but only check the obdII for codes. No roller test.

They recently updated the smog testing procedures in CA.
"2000 model year and newer vehicles (except for vehicles 14,000 GVWR or greater) no longer require the tailpipe portion of the smog inspection."

Quoted from here http://www.smogtips.com/new-smog-law-ab-2289.cfm

Rare

Reaction score
Maybe this can help, someone selling what you might be looking for.
(Just made the account to show you but new members can't post links:banghead:)
sacramento craigslist org/pts/5237268760.html

Maybe this can help, someone selling what you might be looking for.
(Just made the account to show you but new members can't post links)
sacramento[dot]craigslist[dot]org/pts/5237268760.html

Last edited by a moderator:

oliver_cg6

Reaction score
Ask a friend to borrow his intake if hes has an accord nd then swap it back or go to the junkyard and get an oem intake

Back