New From Brazil!

cdvalim

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's up?
I'm from Brazil, my car is a 2000 Accord EX-R 16 2.3 and this was made in USA and exported to Brazil.
I bought it in november 2016 from an auto auction in Brazil with ~55K miles and now this car has about 65k miles.
I had no problems with car until now and this runs nicely. Probably I will replace some parts like struts and timing belt kit but all of rest are good.
Mileage gas is about 16MPG in city and 24MPG in roads. I thinks this bad mileage is because brazilian gas has alcohol in your composition.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Welcome!!!

Yeah, whoever decided to use corn (Ethanol) as part of a fuel mixture is an idiot. Using Food in gas?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
You can boost a lot higher with e85 which is an awesome plus. But damn 16miles a gallon is terrible. I get 25mpg and I drive my 230k engine hard. If I can stay below 3k RPMs it doesn't burn much oil at all but I can't. So I burn about a half quart every 1k miles. Still get great fuel mileage though.

That's a hell of a find for a low mileage 6th gen. Make sure to stay on top of the tranny drain and fills regularly if you want that thing to last.

Have you replaced the spark plugs and air filter and reset the ecu? Simple tune up can do wonders.

Last edited:

cdvalim

Reaction score
You can boost a lot higher with e85 which is an awesome plus. But damn 16miles a gallon is terrible. I get 25mpg and I drive my 230k engine hard. If I can stay below 3k RPMs it doesn't burn much oil at all but I can't. So I burn about a half quart every 1k miles. Still get great fuel mileage though.

That's a hell of a find for a low mileage 6th gen. Make sure to stay on top of the tranny drain and fills regularly if you want that thing to last.

Have you replaced the spark plugs and air filter and reset the ecu? Simple tune up can do wonders.

I did a lot of things: all filters was replaced(gas, oil, air and a/c filter), spark plugs(ngk platinum), o2 sensor, tires(original size),engine oil(5w30). There is no oil leak.
I noticed after gas filter replacement my gas mileage droped and i think was ECU. So i tryed to reset ECU and after that my gas mileage turned to 16MPG.
I'm planning to adjust valves, ignition timing and replace transmission fluid soon but I think that is just fine tuning because my engine is running smooth.
I checked rotor and distributor cap, spark plug wires, radiator coolant, timing belt and all are fine.
Engine mount(front left) and tie rod needs to be replaced.
I noticed when I use manual transmission(1st to 2nd gear) there is a delay about 3s but on automatic transmission all gears change about 2k RPMs.

Gas Filter (under gas tank)
ZUK-Brand-New-Fuel-Filter-Fuel-Strainer-For-HONDA-CIVIC-ES-2001-2002-ACCORD-1998-2002.jpg_220x220.jpg

Back