A few pics from pre-car show

Accord281

Reaction score
During setup for a recent car show, I snapped a few shots. I put a lot of work in getting the car ready for the show. I finally painted the inserts for my rims DEP to match the car. I was a little disappointed though because it was very hard to tell they weren't black because of the small surface area (anyone with a DEP car knows it is hard to see that it is actually green sometimes). I also painted my calipers and part of my rotors black to make them look better. I also had to change out my front logo because the old one was in bad shape (good thing I had the guy make 2!). Plus wash, claybar, wax, and polishing the mufflers. I was freaking tired.

I also got a couple shots that show how a cf hood looks against DEP in case anyone was contemplating getting one.

My camera sucks so sorry for the quality. Enjoy!

Picture007.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Here is a shot where you can actually see the DEP in the rims...
Picture003.jpg

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I really like the color matched inserts, I wouldn't worry about them not being noticeable, more often than not subtlety goes a lot further.....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I really like the color matched inserts, I wouldn't worry about them not being noticeable, more often than not subtlety goes a lot further.....

Agreed, although, I'm not really a fan of the 'chromishness' of the rims, but I like the inserts as well.

Less is more, sometimes, definately.

Accord281

Reaction score
Agreed, although, I'm not really a fan of the 'chromishness' of the rims, but I like the inserts as well.

Less is more, sometimes, definately.

The rims are polished. What you see in the pics is as shiny as they get.

I've been trying to think of what changes I can make for next year's show to at least be a little competitive. It seems like you get no respect around here unless you do a motor swap. I don't know if I should steadily pursue the route of a 6 spd swap, J32/6 speed swap, or H22 swap. I have all winter to start collecting parts.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The rims are polished. What you see in the pics is as shiny as they get.

I've been trying to think of what changes I can make for next year's show to at least be a little competitive. It seems like you get no respect around here unless you do a motor swap. I don't know if I should steadily pursue the route of a 6 spd swap, J32/6 speed swap, or H22 swap. I have all winter to start collecting parts.

Well the bigger the swap, the more noticeable. Don't know how it is there, but seems like the more rare the mods are, the better if you are going for sure. A 6spd swap isn't really going to make the car stand out, but if you match that up with a nice motor swap/boost, then that's always impressive.

Back