Accord281's 2000 DEP Sedan EX V6 (no 56k) Updated 2/7/13

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Accord281's 2000 DEP Sedan EX V6 (no 56k)

The sound is amazing! Nice and throaty but not too loud. I got this exhaust for the same reason, no fart cans. It looks good without being obnoxious. Not sure of the size of the Greddy tips, but I believe these are 4".

Nice. So sound wise, is it pretty much a low drone at idle, and then has a meaty growl on acceleration? What does it sound like at cruising speed?

Did you notice the loss of any low end power?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Re: Accord281's 2000 DEP Sedan EX V6 (no 56k) **UPDATED 4/15/09**

Ha ha yeah I dropped it since that pic. I got a few decent pics of it today in a show n shine car show.
ahhh yes...saw the pics in the other thread...veryyy nice :thumbup:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

looks clean ... not too sure about the windshield banner though =/

Accord281

Reaction score

Nice. So sound wise, is it pretty much a low drone at idle, and then has a meaty growl on acceleration? What does it sound like at cruising speed?

Did you notice the loss of any low end power?

On cold start, it has a low drone. Once warm, you can barely hear it. On acceleration, yes, it has a meaty growl. At cruising, well, let's just say at 80 it is a low hum but nothing overpowering. At speed in town, I barely hear it.

ahhh yes...saw the pics in the other thread...veryyy nice :thumbup:

Thank you!

looks clean ... not too sure about the windshield banner though =/

Haha yeah I was thinking of pulling it off. I like having something there, so it might be hard to let go.

bovodo

Reaction score

nice whip.

grrrr there is too many DEP's on this forum. WE NEED MORE NON-DEP 6th GENS!!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

On cold start, it has a low drone. Once warm, you can barely hear it. On acceleration, yes, it has a meaty growl. At cruising, well, let's just say at 80 it is a low hum but nothing overpowering. At speed in town, I barely hear it.

Alright so no rice aspect at all to this exhaust, right? I meant to ask you this way back when...would the tips interfere at all with an OEM rear lip? I've got an OEM rear lip sitting around that I will be putting on, and I want this exhaust but I'm hoping the tips wouldn't be touching the lip when the car is still...

Also, aren't the two exhausts below the same? If they're both the same part no. shouldn't they be closer to the same price?

http://www.amazon.com/APEXi-Cat-Bac...FKDM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1243025742&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Apexi-116-KH1...VZZ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1243025860&sr=8-2

Additionally, the installation method from the first link says "drill mount." What's that about? I thought these exhausts are bolt ons...

Thanks!

Accord281

Reaction score

Alright so no rice aspect at all to this exhaust, right? I meant to ask you this way back when...would the tips interfere at all with an OEM rear lip? I've got an OEM rear lip sitting around that I will be putting on, and I want this exhaust but I'm hoping the tips wouldn't be touching the lip when the car is still...

Also, aren't the two exhausts below the same? If they're both the same part no. shouldn't they be closer to the same price?

http://www.amazon.com/APEXi-Cat-Bac...FKDM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1243025742&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Apexi-116-KH1...VZZ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1243025860&sr=8-2

Additionally, the installation method from the first link says "drill mount." What's that about? I thought these exhausts are bolt ons...

Thanks!

Sorry man just saw this!

They are the same exhaust, notice the list price on both is the same. It looks like they link you to other sites actually selling it, which explains the price difference.

They are bolt on. It took me half an hour. Just unbolt and then install new. No drilling required. That is a mistake on the page.

NO rice to this exhaust. But, I don't believe it would clear an OEM lip. I have a sedan so I don't have that PROBLEM (sarcasm there lol). I can only tell you that the tips hang about a quarter inch below the bumper at the closest point. I would imagine there are ways to get more clearance so that you could clear a lip, such as longer rubber hangers, but I haven't dealt with anything like that so I can't help you too much there.

As always, hope I am of some help to ya!

Accord281

Reaction score

Since this has been bumped, I added new pics to OP.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^^Thank you very very very much, def helpful. :rock: I'm thinking I'll go with that top link, $599 is the cheapest I can find it. I can't see web pics at work (they block stuff) so I'll check out your new pics when I get home tonight!

Guess I just need to find out how/if there is a way to get the mufflers suspended lower then...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Saw new photos man, love it. Your car is so tastefully done, def one of my favorite sedans on the site. I think some front brows would streamline the overall clean look even more. Your car's stance is what I'm going for, hopefully I'll have something similar when I get my suspension and 18's on.

Back