Shift solenoid gaskets

trillobite

Reaction score
Ok, this is frustrating... I have spent ALL MORNING trying to find a SIMPLE answer. When you go to remove the shift solenoids, to make sure the screens are not clogged, do you have to replace the gaskets?

It's a big deal, since I have been busy for months, and I only had today to work on my car, just to find out that I forgot to buy the gaskets for my intake to clean the egr, and the gaskets so I can clean the shift solenoids... and none of my local auto parts stores carry them... which means, I now have to wait until next week for gaskets to ship from ebay... which means I probably won't have time to work on it for another few months. AND my Chiltons manual apparently doesn't even bother to cover shift solenoids, not even mention that they exist... :Boo:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
if they are hard, compressed and or brittle replace them. My gaskets seemed fine I used them and have no issues.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
if you have the new ones I would just use them they prolly are like 5 bucks it's just piece of mind to know they are new.

For the IM I would definitely replace the gaskets they are a paper gasket well the upper half one is.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Usually a good rule of thumb to just replace gaskets while you've got something apart, since they aren't that expensive.

Back