camera raw color issues

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
oh yeah, theres definitely differences in programs. i tried raw therapee and hated it...wacky colors, added tons of noise, too much saturation out of the box...etc.

if cutting a color doesn't work, try boosting the opposite...

colorwheel1.jpg

turbo_911

Reaction score
By looking at your pics again, seems like the one in photoshop is more of a real color, just exposed a bit to negative side, while other programs add color correction where you see it more brighter and redder.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a Microsoft Raw viewer...

Same here.

I've been working with RAW pics for 4 years now and only used photoshop CS3 (now CS5) and tried Lightroom 3 and never had any problems.

Try to open same file at another computer or mac with photshop or lightroom and see if you get the same result, if yes, then don't waste your time by using other programs where the color could be off... Just an idea.

nsjames

Reaction score
thanks for the info. i have ubuntu but the wifi would never work. i'll probably try lightroom first tho

Try Mint, it has a utility built in to make the windows NDIS drivers work for your wifi card, or it may have the needed drivers as it was recently released. It's built on ubuntu, so all things in ubuntu work in mint, for the most part.

kn0x47

Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a Microsoft Raw viewer...

i DLed it when i was trying to get nef thumbnails to work on xp home. its worthless tho. i had to open that picture in microsoft raw viewer before irfan view or photoshop or else microsoft raw viewer will never load the picture

Back