P&S Camera Reviews

shavedaccord

Reaction score
This thread is for the reviews of P&S (Point & Shoot) cameras only.

No conversation allowed. Please contact the reviewer through PM if you have questions.

Please include the following information when making a review, and stick to to the format.

• Brand & model:
  • How much you paid:
  • Where it was purchased:
  • Camera Specifications (This can become quite large, either post the specs that you feel are the most important or link to a website with them)
  • How long have you owned the camera:
  • Your Review:
  • Pros:
  • Cons:
  • Sample picture if possible (please link to larger photos rather than posting them)

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
gview_20060622_0_NV3(f_top).jpg

Brand & model: Samsung NV3

How much you paid: $250

Where it was purchased: Fry's Electronics

Camera Specifications: http://www.samsungcamera.com/product/pro_view.asp?cat_uid=75&prol_uid=1619

How long have you owned the camera: over 1 year

Your Review: 4 out of 5 stars

Pros:
Very good camera, able to adjust shutter speed and such on Scene mode, a lot of options and stuff to work and mess with. Has the ASR, Film, Scene, Auto, Point&Shoot, etc.. I love it. Did I mention it can play mp3? It also uses the sdisk memory stick too :)

Cons:
Not much.. I was a noob and hated the fact that without flash, the pic comes out blurry. lol but I bought a tripod for it and I am now in love with my camera.
Sample: a pic of my car (taken a couple of days ago :thumbsup: ) and yes, its bird **** on the hood...ample picture if possible (please link to larger photos rather than posting them)

Sample Picture:
SNV31568.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kateriyan

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought this camera and i like it.Recording video is smooth also. Pictures were a lot clearer then the Nikon I bought for a higher price. This camera-cum-media player doesn't excel at any of its functions, but the Samsung NV3 could be a solid choice if you don't want to buy both a camera and an MP3 player.

img_5301_nv3_menu.jpg

Kyrenee21

Reaction score
I absolutely love this camera. I did research for a DSLR camera for about a year and just saw it as too much money to put down considering I have never owned a DSLR before. I have a high interest in photography and wanted to start somewhere without it costing so much. I did research on point and shoot cameras for a good 6 months until I came across this gem. And I don't regret my choice of camera.

Brand & model: Canon PowerShot S110 12.1
How much you paid: 250ish
Where it was purchased: BestBuy
Camera Specifications:
-12.1-megapixel, CMOS sensor
-5x optical/4x digital/20x total zoom
-3" LCD screen with touch panel
-Optical image stabilization
-Smart AUTO
-Auto white balance controls
-Built-in flash
-Through-the-lens autofocus
-Built-in Wi-Fi
-Direct Print System
-Memory card slot
How long have you owned the camera: about 7 months
Your Review:The size of the camera is perfect to be able to take it with you wherever you go, i like the build in wifi to be able to connect it straight to your phone and post to social media sites or the forum, sd card slot (i have a 64gb sd card) and all the settings you can adjust and change as if it were a DSLR camera.
Pros: Same as my review, just about.
Cons: battery life (I bought a few extra battery packs off Amazon so battery life wouldn't be an issue)

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
The Canon S95, S100, S110, and S120's are the cameras I recommend all the time to folks looking for a highly capable point and shoot camera. I bought my dad one for his birthday a couple years ago and he loves it.

Back