Collkid's DD.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I mean that's all that comes in those headlight store kits is an abrasive to sand down the oxidation and imperfections and a clear coat.

The concept is very simple. Wet sand it with rough grit first. Then fine sanding. Then polish and clear coat. I'm cheap again and just apply a heavy coat of turtle wax. And reapply whenever. It will take me years to use this whole can of wax on the cars.

I'm not cheap, but I am lazy. On my wife's car, I wet sanded the head light lenses with 320 grit sand paper, the used automotive clear, and clear coated them. This was done after trying to polish them 3 times. I just got tired of doing something to them every 5 or 6 months that I said screw it, and just painted them. They still look as good as the day I shot them 11.5 months ago. My 99 will be getting that treatment next. I hate cloudy looking headlights on an otherwise nice looking car.
As rusty as my Toyota wanta be is, the glass headlights don't need anything done to them. ;)

Collkid

Reaction score
Hiya Collkid, I see you found your way here and also DA ;) Both places are great for info, but here on 6GA it's geared toward our generation specifically.

You can get one of those headlight refinishing kits at AutoZone or whatever and try your hand at refinishing your OEM headlights first, before dropping extra cash on new ones. That's what I do. Don't be afraid to liberally spray the lens lubrication it comes with, as you wet sand the plastic. If you get some clear spray paint (good paint that's made for automotive purposes, can't remember the name right now, but not cheap stuff that'll flake off), you can seal them after you've sanded and thoroughly dried them to make the finish last longer. I need to do that next time I do mine.

Yeah found this after. Think I'm be sticking around here more.

Collkid

Reaction score
Ugh. Uploading pictures is so complicated on this site.

What do you guys use to resize imagines to get them to fit?

J

Enne

Reaction score
Upload them to Imgur with the option set to resize them automatically (you choose the image size to change it to. Then paste the "BB Code" links in your posts here. The image URL will have '
' around it.

phi1542

Reaction score
Welcome! Cabin air filter can be kind of a pain but its a cheap and easy job haha you should be able to do it whenever you have the time. For your headlights I really recommend retrofitting them. Looks amazing, awesome light output, and is not too hard. It is a little time consuming. Once you go projectors you wont go back reflector headlights lol Amazon has DEPO headlights for cheap and projectors for really cheap. A lot of people use Morimoto projectors but I was on a budget. They work perfectly fine. Light output is good and no issues for the past few years. Get a quality HID kit for it don't cheap out on that. There are a few tutorials for our cars on youtube that are a lot of help. I used it to do mine. you need a dremel tool though and if you paint the housing black it looks even better. You can take the amber out too if you dont want it anymore. Be sure to use high temp paint.

If you havent thought about it yet a lip kit and maybe some Acura TL wheels too haha. Those will give your DD an awesome OEM+ look!

Last edited:

swenyo

Reaction score
Welcome! Cabin air filter can be kind of a pain but its a cheap and easy job haha you should be able to do it whenever you have the time. For your headlights I really recommend retrofitting them. Looks amazing, awesome light output, and is not too hard. It is a little time consuming. Once you go projectors you wont go back reflector headlights lol Amazon has DEPO headlights for cheap and projectors for really cheap. A lot of people use Morimoto projectors but I was on a budget. They work perfectly fine. Light output is good and no issues for the past few years. Get a quality HID kit for it don't cheap out on that. There are a few tutorials for our cars on youtube that are a lot of help. I used it to do mine. you need a dremel tool though and if you paint the housing black it looks even better. You can take the amber out too if you dont want it anymore. Be sure to use high temp paint.

If you havent thought about it yet a lip kit and maybe some Acura TL wheels too haha. Those will give your DD an awesome OEM+ look!

TL wheels would need a 5 lug conversion :/ Really want some on my own car but a bit scared of doing the conversion

Collkid

Reaction score
Well I haven’t been on here much. But today I painted my wheels.

Here is a before and after.

Before is from about 8 months ago.

d8028ab598207fdaa7860262c76e0c25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back