Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
Still have to do the front hardware and links. Was able to get the rears loose enough to raise it about 3/4". I know low is the point but until I can tuck my exhaust up better, it didn't need to be THAT low. Looks, and rides, good as it sits now. Not driving it unless I absolutely have to. Still haven't gotten it on the highway, lol. Links should be here and installed soon as I'm going to Florida next week and I wanna get this done before then. In the meantime, nothing new really. Swapped out the door LEDs for COBs; slightly noticeable difference.

Mikey

Reaction score
Don't worry about how dirty the interior is, lol. Picked up a pair COB LED boards. Originally for the GFs Corolla but they were too bright for her. Tested them in my map light and they fit like a glove. Plus it looks really cool. And they're brighter than the sun!!

3496F9C0-311C-4B9D-A15A-FF79910E6D22_zpsazua1suc.jpg

FE93B395-823A-4C87-BD21-8197B43ECB28_zpsnz1exakp.jpg

F91A47A9-647D-4AF1-9E88-1DA3CA6947A5_zpsmw9n7rps.jpg

I got them from a not so reliable, "you get what you pay for" website but so far all the other pieces I've bought from them have held up well, so.. :shrug:

In other news, I've taken the car out in the highway. Drives fine for the little bit of highway I take to/from work. Haven't made any long trips though. Still have to install the front links and hardware and lower the fronts a tad.
Saw another DEP coupe in town without a spoiler. I really wanna approach them and see if they'll swap me trunks.

Oh, almost forgot, one of my headlight bulbs burned out so I just ordered a pair of 4500K H1 from DDMtuning. They're not as blue but I feel like they're not as bright. :shrug: Need to readjust them since I have the lows now.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The thing that bugs me about COB strips is the yellow substrate, I wish it was clear/white. Amazing output though, you'll never lose anything in there again lol. Did you buy them from Aliexpress?

Get that suspension at the height you want and post some photos!

Mikey

Reaction score
They're wired with a 194 base and just plug in like a normal 194. They have a could inches of wire that I had to loop and tuck and it was actually kind of a PITA to get them to sit just right, lol.

CB, I could see that issue but honestly you don't see it that much, if at all. I have COBs in the doors and I don't think I can see the yellow. And this is at such an angle that you don't see it either.

Adjusting the height is the easy part. I need a second jack to assist with those pinch bolts and I may or may not need to cut the old links off so I'm waiting on shop time to get it all done. ;)

Mikey

Reaction score
Got a link to those? Might put them in the BMW.

Ya know...the funny thing is...lol. I got them off of the Wish App. It's chock full of cheap, Asian knock-offs. BUT, like I said, so far so good.

www.wish.com/c/54bf6107dacf6f5a0c35c10e
(They're not waterproof, btw)

Still nothing new otherwise. Installed and re-aimed new HIDs. Looking into brighter reverse lights. Been watching a lot of Jeff's DIYs and I might go with one of his choices.

Mikey

Reaction score
They're COB so they should still be plenty bright. Not sure on the length though. You'd have to measure and see.

Ordered a pair of new LED reverse bulbs. I think they sent me dual filaments instead of single so I gotta test them out. If they work, they're probably(hopefully) gonna be stupid bright, lol.

Mikey

Reaction score
So, weird thing happened. I swapped in the new LEDs; not any brighter. Got to thinking and swapped back in the old 7440 incandescents. They're actually a smidge brighter than even the old LEDs I had in there. I don't know if they're brighter but I can see better and I can see a little more with them than with the LEDs. :shrug:

Back