Blazinqwickly's 96 DB8 Mistress.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
At this rate you'll be at 500hp in no time lol :waytogo:

HAHAHAHA! I like your humor, I think you mean "At this rate you'll be at 000.500hp in no time lol."! ;) :henry:

It might be a angry lil sewing machine when I am all done with it, might even make a mean pair of Levi's to wear on date night with the wife, J/K :henry:

All kidding aside I personally would not want the up keep of a 500hp Honda for a daily driver, they are fun track cars and I really love the rush of the feeling of that kind of power , but my goals with this car are completely different and straight lines are boring when you can be having a nice dance with the car in every turn you carve.
Once you start going past a certain point reliability goes out the window with efficiency and staying a little reserved with the proper parts you can extend longevity of the motor and your wallet, at least that's the point of this car.

But... If I did look at some form of forced induction...it would be a self contained unit like a centrifugal charger that did not suffer from heat soaking. They have a nice smooth linear power band from start to finish so that you are able to lay down the power much more efficiently; which also allows you to load the suspension more efficiently threw cornering at various speeds.
That way you do not fight a surge of power or any heat soak since it uses it's own oil supply, and is located outside of the hot engine bay and nice 2-3core air to air cooler only makes it even better by lowering your intake air temps even further.
The best part is if you do it right and know where to look... You can even keep your A/C, so you can have your cake and eat it too :)

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
Haha completely understand that, but it would be cool to have a sleeper-daily integra. I like that you're not sacrificing reliability for performance though.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
You are very right about that, technically this can still be quite a lil sleeper (just not the straight line kind lol) considering the outside has been kept quite relaxed in the looks department, I was even considering when it comes time for paint and body to keep it the OEM green but with a slight twist to just make it a lil more unique but not stand out like a sore thumb.

I am glad you like that I am not sacrificing reliability for performance, where I live, I run into a lot of people now a days that are more concerned with the numbers then they are with a well balanced car.
It almost always ends badly for them either by them wrecking and totaling the car because of that lack of balance ,or they nuke the motor because they were only concern with the constant pissing match for higher dyno numbers.
I can thankfully say to this day I have stayed on top of all the motors I have owned and never blown one and I started working on dirt bikes at age 8 as a way of learning with hands on experience and it was the easiest way to learn for myself.
I really hope to keep that mentality up as long as I can and keep the streak going, there is always a chance of the "Worst case", but I like to make that chance as small as possible cause my pockets are not very deep lol.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Yes it was, 98 DB7 with GSR swap

That is pretty sweet man, my first Integra was actually a 00 DB7 10 years ago and before that a Acura Legend which to me shared some of the luxuries as a 6th gen Accord in some aspects.

DBO867

Reaction score
That is pretty sweet man, my first Integra was actually a 00 DB7 10 years ago and before that a Acura Legend which to me shared some of the luxuries as a 6th gen Accord in some aspects.

my integra was my first actual car i bought with my own money. thats how i got into working on and fixing cars. gotta admit, i bought it built already though. sadly, with the little knowledge i had of cars at the time, i didnt know my transmission was stolen property. lost a really good car

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
my integra was my first actual car i bought with my own money. thats how i got into working on and fixing cars. gotta admit, i bought it built already though. sadly, with the little knowledge i had of cars at the time, i didnt know my transmission was stolen property. lost a really good car

That is really cool that the Integra is what got you into working on cars, even though you do not have it any more it was your stepping stone into the car world and becoming hands on.
It is those kind of events that are priceless because they are life changing even if we do not fully understand or realize it at the time and that is one of the great things we should all enjoy a little more about life. :)

DBO867

Reaction score
That is really cool that the Integra is what got you into working on cars, even though you do not have it any more it was your stepping stone into the car world and becoming hands on.
It is those kind of events that are priceless because they are life changing even if we do not fully understand or realize it at the time and that is one of the great things we should all enjoy a little more about life. :)

I definitely learned a lot from it. Went from paying shops and knowing nothing about cars to friends and family paying me to work on their cars haha. I was originally planning on picking up another db and keep my accord as the daily but ended up making my accord the daily and project

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
You are very right about that, technically this can still be quite a lil sleeper (just not the straight line kind lol) considering the outside has been kept quite relaxed in the looks department, I was even considering when it comes time for paint and body to keep it the OEM green but with a slight twist to just make it a lil more unique but not stand out like a sore thumb.

I am glad you like that I am not sacrificing reliability for performance, where I live, I run into a lot of people now a days that are more concerned with the numbers then they are with a well balanced car.

I really hope to keep that mentality up as long as I can and keep the streak going, there is always a chance of the "Worst case", but I like to make that chance as small as possible cause my pockets are not very deep lol.

Yeah, around here (where I live) everyone seems interested in going in a straight line. Add a curve or 2 and they're lost. Personally I prefer to go left and right, along with going straight. A balanced car is a more fun to drive car, which is why I haven't really done a whole lot to my 6th gen, as it's a very nice cruiser.

Never sacrifice reliability for performance, unless you have very deep pockets. Numbers only count if you can back them up with getting the vehicle to hook up WITHOUT breaking parts. That's the key.

Yeah, being able to make power without failure is what you want ideally. These motors are already close on tolerances, so you have to watch what you do.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Rusty you are absolutely right sir !

Also I found this at the hobby shop the other day and could not resist as I do not see them as often as I used to and figure it might be fun to do once the car is actually finished lol.
Thankfully I get to paint the color cause fuschia is just not my thing lol

Back