Car is BOGGING

9D9Ghost

Reaction score
well like title says, the car is bogging hella bad. if i get the rpms up on take off, its fine. then gettem up a lil bit for second and third, its fine. but if i take off normal, it boggs hella bad til around 3k, then it opens up and is fine. 5th on i5 is fine, as long as the car is not under "load", going up hill ie. all i've done is put newer injectors in it for temp usage. they are out of a 94 accord ex coupe. the old ones were civic injectors (way to small). the new ones flow at 310cc. and my jdm h22 stockers are a flow of 330cc. so they are not that far off. so i really dont understand where the bogging is comming from. everything is hooked up exactly the way i took it apart.

any idea's are very welcome.
ps, i noticed that the grounding system for the h22 was very chincy. so i added a 4 guage ground. maybe that may help.:eusa_doh:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
what engine do you have h22? and your running with smaller then stock injectors and wondering why its bogging? :poke:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Well if you only count one injector its not that much, but you got 4....so you have to multiply times 4 and you will see how much fuel your starving your engine.

9D9Ghost

Reaction score
before i put the 310cc's in. it had civic 235cc's in it. and it ran lean, but did not bogg down on take off's or under load. so i dont understand how its being affected now with bigger injectors, when before it was severly being choked off.
engine is a 95jdm h22.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
stupid question, but did u reset the ecu after changing the injectors?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
before i put the 310cc's in. it had civic 235cc's in it. and it ran lean, but did not bogg down on take off's or under load. so i dont understand how its being affected now with bigger injectors, when before it was severly being choked off.
engine is a 95jdm h22.

Its simple then, you have a bad injector somewhere. Or one that isnt flowing well. take the rail out of the car and spray it in the air if you have to. lol jk, you might just want to get real injectors for your car and make sure they work well.

9D9Ghost

Reaction score
if one of the injectors was firing improporly, then wouldnt it continue to bogg at any rpm? and as far as injectors size go's, if the new ones are bigger than the last, why would this problem exhist now? and i had no idea i needed to reset the ecu after changing the injectors...... is it a "process" or just as simple as droping power from the battery and then re-connecting the battery?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The injectors recieve voltage from the ecu when to fire and that is supplied by the cam sensor I believe. So I dont see how resetting the ecu would matter, its still getting the same signal at the same time no matter what injectors you have in there. The ecu can automatically adjust fuel and air mixtures without any help as long as you have the right injectors.

Your engine pushes more fuel through as you give it more throttle, I would look around the fuel rail and see if you find any wetness after you have given the car a little $hit. Where the injector meets the rail to be precise. I am wondering if there is a leak there under load.

Next, how did you install the injectors? Did you use spindle grease or gasoline before you inserted them? A microscopic coat of oil around the o-ring works too but gasoline helps the seal to swell a little bit and seal better.

9D9Ghost

Reaction score
there dosent appear to be any leaks. and i just cleand them up with brake clean in and out. then popped them in. did not know about greasing the tips. but they are not leaking at all.???? i am very curious as to what the solution would be. this thursday im going in for "tune" on the new p28ecu. currently im running a p13. and the 13 is throwing cel light due to o2 sensor not reading. and we are going to fatten up the injectors a lil bit while tuning. hoping that my "add'd" grounding to the engine and my "tune" on thursday will solve my issue...

Back