DIY: RSX Type S seat fitment into 6thgen Sedan

Ocho

Reaction score
Difficulty: 6 outta 10

Alright guys, i have begun the task of putting RSX Type-S seats into my 00 sedan. I recently picked up a pair of tan leather seats from a buddy of mine for $150! It was a good deal for the good, not great condition they were in, but with a lil work the will Turn out GREAT! This is an ongoing write up so i hope to have it mostly finished (both seats bolted down in the car) by next week! So bare with me because i work 30 hours a week and go to school full time! THANK YOU! :jealousbow:

Tools Needed:
14mm Socket
Cutting tool of some kind, i used a dremel because im at school and dont have any power tools available to me :(( please get a saw!!! lol:owned:
Safety Glasses!! ;)
12 bolts, lock washers, and nuts (if you are going to do this the way i am)
Hammer
Prying tool, i used a flat crowbar
A blanket or two. One: to lay the seat down on. Two: to protect the seat from the ground or metal shavings.
Lastly, the stock accord bracket that bolts under the center console of each seat!

IMG_0332.jpg

Ok the first step is to see how the RSX seat rails are going to line up on the accords 4 bolts which are just a little bit different....

Seat out!
IMG_0337.jpg

Accords Rear Brackets
IMG_0335.jpg

RSX Rear Brackets
IMG_0334-1.jpg

RSX in the CAR (Rear)
IMG_0339.jpg

As you can see the left rear bracket is very very different from the accords. i have to cut the left rear bracket off the accords so i can get it welded to the RSX rail so i can just bolt the passenger seat up. But worked out great was the Right rear bracket of the passenger seat fit perfectly so i only have to focus on 3.

The front brackets are both a little tooo short to reach over the hump on the frame under the carpet so i have to cut both of these off and re-weld them to the rails for them to line up right. To cut these off you need to cut the little pin off the bottom of the rail and cut the weld on the side of the rail. Then get a flat crowbar and hammer down and it will slowly separate. Then grind off the rest of the metal pin and other weld left over on the rail for a nice and flat surface. (Pics to come on this)

Left
IMG_0340.jpg

Right
IMG_0341.jpg

After the Cut
IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

I Then realized that the i am going to need two pieces of metal proll 1 inch by 4 inches to be able to rear weld the rails to the seat brackets becuase there isnt enough bracket to safely weld the rail to the brackets. but before doing that i am going to drill holes in the rail and bracket to bolt the two together with the pieces of metal so when i get them welded, it will be right and i can just take the bolts out!

but here is the comparison between the stock seats and the RSX seats. they dont sit that much higher than the accord seats and so far it looks really freakin Sweet!! But you are going to have to switch seat belt buckles off the stock seats or but RSX seat belts because they are different and the clip is thinner than the accords!

IMG_0349.jpg

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
excellent write up so far. one question i have is how well does the rsx tan go with the accords cloth?

Ocho

Reaction score
The color is much of a difference just a little darker but other than that is looks really good in the car!

Accord914

Reaction score
How hard was it to do? Im waiting for some help or shop to help me do it dont have any tools or anything! I got a rsx steering wheel put in my car also

Ocho

Reaction score
How hard was it to do? Im waiting for some help or shop to help me do it dont have any tools or anything! I got a rsx steering wheel put in my car also

its not too hard but time consuming. I mean i just bought a dremel 3000 from Walmart and got the metal cutting disks for it but i went through 4 disk on 2 brackets. when i cut the third bracket off the passenger seat, i will show you how and which things to cut to get the bracket to come off. there are the little black pins that are welded in there to cut and the welds on the side, but you will see pretty soon that its not going to be that difficult.

Wow nice set ocho i just bought the tan Clothes for $200 they hard to find!

Ya i know! it took me a little bit to find a set! i had to buy another side airbag for the passenger seat (which i got for 46 bucks!!! :beer:) and thats on the way, and im soon going to be looking for the heat switches (Heated Seats!!) to wire those up. My first set i looked at was my buddies and he wanted like 400 and i was like wtf because i was selling him my h22 and he just didnt want to swap seats for the motor, he wanted 100 bucks on top so i said F that! but down here in AR we have a Facebook group called AR Hondas that i put a post on and i had to drive an hour to go pick them up. but other than that im excited and went and bought McGuire's Leather Cleaner/Protectant which i am going to do a before and after for the seats because the guy moved them around with black stuff on his hands so they are a little dirty but i will clean everything after they are bolted up!

Last edited:

Accord914

Reaction score
I have a dremel but i already went threw the cuttin things lol and nah f dat that motor worth alot more! I cant do heated because the 98 body i dont think has it! And no my seats came perfectly fine. I bought the seats and steering wheel seats $200 steering wheel $130

JniG

Reaction score
Gonna bump this old thread. Is this the only way to get RSX seats to fit? There's no universal rail out there that you can buy to get these on?

Back