The "DOES IT FIT?(parts)" Thread

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Would it be more cost affective going with a F or H motor rather than doing the whole J30 motor and tranny?

if you already got the f series in your car id say that would be cheaper.. if you do the j swap do j32 and thats might be a lil more than the h swap since you got to get a new subframe dont quote me on that but Id say J would be cheaper for real

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Would it be more cost affective going with a F or H motor rather than doing the whole J30 motor and tranny?

For the most part, yes. Putting an F or H in there means you can keep things like motor mounts, etc. To my knowledge J's and what's needed to run them are more expensive in general. But the biggest difference is in the headache....a lot of things will need rearranged/rerouted if you put a V6 in there, and you'll need a new subframe as well.

But the real reason I do not recommend you going to V6 is because you have a manual now, I would not recommend switching to a 4spd auto slushbox. You would not want to go to all that trouble of swapping the V6 and then not have a 6spd. But as has been said over and over, it makes more sense to sell your car, and get a V6 to start with.

I would highly advise you to stay with F or H.

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
For the most part, yes. Putting an F or H in there means you can keep things like motor mounts, etc. But the big difference is in the headache....a lot of things will need rearranged/rerouted if you put a V6 in there, and you'll need a new subframe as well.

But the real reason I do not recommend you going to V6 is because you have a manual now, I would not recommend you switching to a 4spd auto slushbox.

He could do the j30 with 6 speed

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Right, but at that point he would be better off selling his car and starting with a V6 Accord.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Ok J is out of the question. Thanks guys so much for helping me out.

Another question, will an H motor (ex. H22) bolt up perfectly or will I have to switch out a bunch of things for it too?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
H22 will bolt right up to your 5spd. If you're considering that, I'd start researching, there's tons of info on the H22 here. :)

Back