A huge aftermarket auto parts store in Japan: Autobacs

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I spy LED tails, I don't suppose any of those were for the 8th Gen sedan, or are they all aftermarket?

The Majesta back end remind me of something else, maybe the Jaguar XJ sedan, a bit?

hahaha....sounds like you definitely got your fill of that store.

What's next on the tourist agenda for you all?
Yeah, those are not for the 8gen sedans. They are all aftermarket ones tho.

Btw, Crown has two different models: Majesta, and Athelete. I like the look of Athelete a little better.

Well, my next plan is seeing my old high school classmates who used to live in Seattle. My wife and I will be traveling down in the south of JPN to places called Osaka and Fukuoka. ← Lol.

Will try to take some pics and show them to you guys, regardless of car stuff or not lol.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Oh, my bad. South would be nothing but ocean lol. Yes, Osaka is in the west. My wife is interested in going to the Universal Studio there, and I'm in for some octopus dumplings--Takoyaki lol.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I am back home now! Well, 2.5 wks was a very long stay for me, and I already missed my car on a first few days of my stay lol. Here are the stuff I bought from Autobacs:

Lumbar support (for my wife's SUV)

DSC_0001_zpsb2a870f3.jpg

Tailbone support cussions

DSC_0003_zps39828802.jpg

Seat ⇔ center console interspace fillers (for my wife's SUV)

DSC_0005_zps1a5a6d97.jpg

Auxiliary trunk hatch weatherstrips (for wind-noize reduction)

DSC_0007_zps1edce6f6.jpg

Plate washers (for road-noize / vibrational reduction)

DSC_0008_zps83523672.jpg

DSC_0010_zps93d1024d.jpg

UV arm protectors (not for me lol)

DSC_0011_zpse4a398a3.jpg

Rattle-free door pocket trash bag & retractable micro USB cable (for my wife)

DSC_00012_zps6ba3f001.jpg

Vehicle interior odor neutralizer

DSC_0012_zps8701b89f.jpg

Engine power enhancers (The idea being the same as "Phiten products" for humans / atheletes.)
*These are my main items of purchase at the store (coming to Japan).*

DSC_00142_zps19287186.jpg

Scratch-free wheel brush

DSC_0015_zps791901c1.jpg

6000K flat led & 3423 festoon bulb converter

DSC_0016_zpsab1203e0.jpg

Retractable micro USB cable & moisture bead absorbing drink coasters

DSC_0017_zps38a3a714.jpg

Emblem plates

DSC_0019_zps291def63.jpg

Tire valve caps

DSC_0038_zpsd836b299.jpg

White instrumental / gage cluster light bulb caps (I'm really hoping these will work w/o converting to LEDs--not dealing w/ hot spots)

DSC_00032_zps9fce16f2.jpg

I really wanted to get the Euro-R strut bar somehow from JPN, but my wife didn't allow me lol. Well, my wallet is becoming transparent, so no more shopping for a while lol.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What are the power enhancers?

EDIT: I'm surprised you didn't get any radiator/oil caps.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
The ones I got basically improves the performance of the engine. They have variety of kinds that improves ride quality, fuel effeciency, electrical flow / audio quality, etc.

The mechanism is the same as an athelete wearing those Phiten necklesses.

This SEV Head Balancer has 2 different types. The black one improves the low end torque, and the red one works on high end torque.

I was very skeptical, when I saw the article about their products a few years ago, but after hearing many positive reviews, I finally decided to get those.

Another reason why it took a little while for me to get these was the price. One small piece of this item is about $170, and I needed two of them b/c my engine is V6... Well, w/ $340, they better perfom well lol.

EDIT: Precisely speaking, SEV Head Balancer helps controlling & metabolizing the heat from the engine, and reduces the friction of cylinder pistons. It basically rejuvenates the performance of the engine w/o adding any internal modifications.

I'm surprised you didn't get any radiator/oil caps.
Haha. I actually debated myself on those big time. (Stood there in front of them for more than 10 minutes scratching my head lol.) I was focusing on my purchase that are hard to get in U.S., so I passed on those.

Last edited:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Quite a lot of interesting things you bought, Richard.

I'm interested to know if/how those power enhancers work.. I'd be very skeptical about those sort of things, especially at that price ..!

I like your BBS tire valve caps though, should add a nice touch to your wheels.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ I'll be sure to tell you the effects, once I mount them. On a second thought, maybe I should have the internal engine cleaned, before I mout them so I'd be able to feel the real difference.

Thanks. I've seen different one before that looked more like a tiny black logo on top like my center caps, but I like these engraved ones better. Can't tell unless you take a closer look but... lol.

Back