How can we lower the risk of being rear ended?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i must be the only person who's mad their 6g wasn't rear ended yet :lawl: a dude in a crv almost got me last week. i was sad when he stopped in time with his tires screeching.

honestly, like greg said, they're called accidents for a reason...they just happen and you can't really do much about it. just be aware of what's going on around you.

doubleclutch

Reaction score
I rear ended somebody in my civic, totaled it. Then I bought my accord and got rear ended by a mean old hag in cavalier. Now I just stay out of everybody's way. Ride in the slow lane with plenty of distance infront of me and if somebody gets on my *** let em pass or just get away from em. Pretty much stay away from everybody cause nobody can be trusted on the road

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Brake moderately well ahead of time, causing the fool behind you to also brake well ahead of time...hence meaning both you and him will be at relatively slow speeds before coming to a complete stop and avoiding the chance of him hitting you or slamming into you in wet conditions.
I do this when I drive in snow.

Now, this isn't really about rear end but, in addition to drive in snow, I always look at their "wheels" (instead of looking at there cars as a whole) to see if they're spinning or sliding.
i must be the only person who's mad their 6g wasn't rear ended yet :lawl: a dude in a crv almost got me last week. i was sad when he stopped in time with his tires screeching.
But I suppose you don't want your car to be totaled.
...nobody can be trusted on the road
This is very true.

--------------
I'm really appreciated that the thread is becomming enriched. I would like to thank all of you for sharing personal experiences and ideas. I'm just hoping that this thread will help out people stay alert on the road, especially this time of the year where collisions are everywhere.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
just be aware of what's going on around you.

oh it's like that :lawl:

what's the best way to not get in accidents? don't be born a woman.

what's the best contraceptive? don't have sex.

blackkidbirthday.gif

cfox28

Reaction score
so what are the repercussions of being rear ended? isn't it always the other person liable? so there should be no out of pocket expense. but if it totals the car then you aren't going to get money for your after market parts. what about insurance and the resell value? will the insurance go up for you even though it isn't your fault. and will the accident lower the value of your car?/is that compensated for by the other dudes insurance.

Emphasis

Reaction score

honestly, like greg said, they're called accidents for a reason...they just happen and you can't really do much about it. just be aware of what's going on around you.

I'd beg to differ. I'll always refer to it as 'crashes'; because 99% of the time it always seems to be driver error.

Another thing is tail-gating. If the person behind you is doing it, drive normal and chances are they will go around you. If they don't, change lanes when possible. Please avoid any temptations of "brake checking".

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
so what are the repercussions of being rear ended? isn't it always the other person liable? so there should be no out of pocket expense. but if it totals the car then you aren't going to get money for your after market parts. what about insurance and the resell value? will the insurance go up for you even though it isn't your fault. and will the accident lower the value of your car?/is that compensated for by the other dudes insurance.
I have limited knowledge about insurance/liability/legal issues, so I don't want to give you any false statement... Let's see if someone else can explain you on this. However, one thing I do know is that, if you get yourself involved in a car accident, and even if you are not at fault, going through a victimizer's insurance for the repair still updates your vehicle history as accident occured. And this will lower the value of your vehicle. :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
I have limited knowledge about insurance/liability/legal issues, so I don't want to give you any false statement... Let's see if someone else can explain you on this. However, one thing I do know is that, if you get yourself involved in a car accident, and even if you are not at fault, going through a victimizer's insurance for the repair will update your vehicle history as accident occured. And this will lower the value of your vehicle. :eusa_doh:

Being rear ended does usually mean the other driver is 100% at fault as they HIT you.

However, that doesn't always apply and things should be looked at on a case by case scenario...as especially this past year a case existed locally of someone rolling backwards and hitting the person behind them while they were stopped. Hence making the person in front at fault. The rolling backwards was for a much longer distance then any1 would need to clutch in/out for those of you who might think rolling back is common etc.

ninjacord

Reaction score
In situations where you personally have to break hard or stop short, try throwing the hazards on quick. Its saved me a couple times from getting slammed into.

Back