Alarm went off out of no where

Chris210_cg6

Reaction score
Help my alarm just went off out of no where it was around 12:30am and my parents woke me up saying my alarm was going off went outside with the 12g because I live in the country in the middle of no where so I was freaked out went to go check and there was no signs that my car was tampered with but however being how dumb I am I left both the driver window and passenger side windows rolled down 75% by accident and also before that around 7:30 we were working on the car and we disconnected the battery could that be it ? Also I didn't even know I had an alarm lol

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Do you have a DX, LX, or EX? The EX is equipped with a factory alarm which will act funky when your battery is going dead. However, an aftermarket alarm may be a different issue.

Chris210_cg6

Reaction score
It's a 1998 ex sedan and yesh I read about that somewhere but it's never done that before and I had the battery replaced a few months ago when I got the car ... Could it be anything other then that??

james'99

Reaction score
Do you have the remote for the car? I suppose it could be something other than that but first things first, do you have the remote for the alarm?

danielkrall

Reaction score

MALWARE

Reaction score
Definitely because you have no remote my sister also bought her ex without a remote and the alarm would go off randomly, sometimes it even happened when she tried to unlock the doors with a key.

Back