How do I cut the shifter shaft (auto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browntown

Reaction score
What's up guys. I just bought an auto shift knob and I like it a lot... the only problem is that it sits a little to high for my liking. I'm thinking about cutting the shaft a couple inches for a cleaner look. How do I go about this and what should I look out for? This won't screw up anything else will it?

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I wouldnt do it, the button that shifts it into gear will be cut and you will be screwed!!!

Browntown

Reaction score
There's no way to just cut the outer shaft and then cut the inner "button" rod? I thought that they were just metal rods.....? Perhaps with a pipe cutter and then a dremel tool for the inner button rod?:confused:

Browntown

Reaction score
Thank you very much... that's kinda how I had it pictured in my head. Just wanted to make sure.... guess I'm buying a pipe cutter after work!

wg2k7

Reaction score
retroshark did it on his car. id wait to do anything before you talk to him. his looks awesome and he had to do something to it to keep his button working

Browntown

Reaction score
Done..... almost.

Well.... here's some crappy pics from the cam phone (sorry) :( .... got it done...almost. I still have to put the shift boot on it. Thanks for the help.

pjk208

Reaction score
Ahh I see what you were talkin about...yeah it was a lil too tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back