S2000 vs. Celica GT-S

6THGEN_AI4

S2000 FTW, I was wonderin why taking the cam in the slower car LOL, the car who carries the camera always lose, ohhh it was a heavy camera guys thats why, ha,ha,ha, nahhhh nice race Toyota GT-s FTL

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
well, tht's a no brainer... celicas are kinda slow... i know the 5th gen (mine) and 6th gen have only 130 hp, and 140 lbs/ft (both GT and GT-S).... i'm guessing tht's the 7th gen(the newest one), but i'm not sure what the specs are...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
aahh....i kinda guessed the new ones have more power.... but they're still slow :p

Av6916

Reaction score
7th gen celica's are equilvalent to the 02-04 rsx-s, but they require more techinique and a good driver, to actually get good numbers. My brother is very well known and is one of the fattest n/a celicas in the celica community, and he ran a 14.8 bone stock in his 01 gts, and i gain alot of knowledge on these cars. But this was proven back in 2001/2002ish, and he has moved on to a ap1 s2000 as a daily driver and a mkiv supra tt. With just intake he ran a 14.3 at sac raceway, and it's been proven, with witnesses and timeslips. So i guess they respond well to mods. The thing about 7th gen gts's you have to land 2nd and 3rd above 6k and in vvtli/lift (vtec for the honda people) to be able to pull good numbers because it takes alot of time regaining the loss time. Keep in mind that the gts is a harder car to drive since the gears are so close together. They only weigh around 2350, so also keep that in mind. Their are a few of people running in the 13's n/a with i/e/h/powerfc, but the aftermarket isn't as great as the honda/acura community. Also the slow celica's are the auto gts's, since they land out of lift after they redline, and are incredible slow. Even gt autos are quicker then gts autos, so keep that in mind lol. Also they changed the rev limit on the 02 gts and lowered it to 7800 rpms as to the 8350 redline, all the other models are recieving. But they are great cars, so i am just tired of hearing that they are just slow, but when a rsx-s pulls a pretty quick number, they say it's quick. Many arguments i've seen in the past on clubrsx, newcelica, etc, so its getting old, seeing the same arguments over and over again, and with stubburn people not believing it, when it's been proven. So i guess i'm sorta here just to back up 7th gen gts 6 speeds :).

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yeah, i'm still learning abt the celica, esp my 5th gen celica GT... it's an auto tho :eek:

but i gotta say tho, maintainence on tht car is SOOOOOO easy.... i've done an oil change, tranny fluid drain and fill, coolant drain and fill, and seafoam :D brakes are up next

Back