grease coning from back of axel boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
ok so I'm looking at the axel boot and there's grease coming out of the back of it, the smallest part of the boot pointing towards the middle of the car. is it something i need to worry about ? if so, can i drive on it ? i don't see any rips in the bootbitself, the grease is just coming from the edge of the boot. if you would like pics, txt me at 626-814-7737 thanks for any help !

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
as long as it is not ripped, then it should be fine

but what the hell do i know, i am a ****ing asshole

Chris Vu

Reaction score
i don't see what being an asshole has to do with knowing lol. thanks badger !

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
need to replace the axle or the boot..you can drive on it..but after all that grease comes out and those teeth lock up..itl cause more damage than just going to the parts store and ordering a 50+$ part.
iv had to replace both axles due to torn boots.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
My outer boot on the passenger side tore and grease was slowly oozing out. I just went ahead and bought a new boot and grease and replaced it. If you can do it yourself, go for it. I know someone that can install it for you for about $50-60. Just buy the grease and boot which is like $15 at an autoparts store.

If you buy a new axle, then that's about $65-$75 plus another $60-75 for labor. So it's cheaper if you just replace the boot. PM me if your interested if you want my Uncle to change your boot out for you if you can't do it yourself.

Last edited:

MikeyMike

Reaction score
its its not physically torn, you might be ok.. i've had an axel, well still doo. my right side did the same thing, and that waslike 2 years ago.. axle is still fine after me beating on it so much

sometimes they are packed with too much grease if you want to believe it or not

i took some of it and used it to grease the edges of my brakepads to slide in the caliper easier :peek:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
hmmm thanks for all the input !! i think imma have someone else look at it just encased i missed a rip or something heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back