Idle & stalling problems

SFL Jon

Reaction score
Alright I just bought my '99 Accord 4 door LX 5spd about a month ago and its already starting to have stupid problems.

Problem #1.
The car has stalled 3 times while just driving in 2nd gear on my way out of the neighborhood (I drive stick fine). I'm just driving and it just turns off like its retarded or something lol

Problem #2.
Today while at a light I noticed the car seemed like it was going to die and starting shaking alittle bit so I checked my RPM gauge and it was at about 600-700 RPM and I was just in neutral with my foot on the brake. The car was at regular temp.

*I don't drive my car hard or do stupid ****. All the fluids seem to be good also.

HELP ME :(

redlinevtec

Reaction score
How many miles are on the car? Have you replaced basic components like spark plugs, dizzy cap and rotor, wires (depending on condition), air filter etc.? Maybe your clutch pedal is loosing pressure through the clutch master cylinder. When I had a leak on my clutch master cylinder, I would stall because there wasn't enough pressure with the pedal down at a stop light or at a lower gear like first and second. Car would bog out for me.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I think u probably upshift too soon. 600-700 idle speed is a little low but u cant be sure if ur idle speed unless u have a digital reading. U shud be at 750rpm

I would clean ur throttle body

redlinevtec

Reaction score
I think u probably upshift too soon. 600-700 idle speed is a little low but u cant be sure if ur idle speed unless u have a digital reading. U shud be at 750rpm

I would clean ur throttle body

Yeah, try this also, and if your mechanically inclined, clean the plenum also. My passages are so clean that my idle is a little lower than usual because it's so clean. Not in a bad way but a good way. My car is quiet.

teamLegendz_SD

Reaction score
If your car is dieing shutting off it must be the main relay going bad or your fuel pump is going out. check the alternator by just pulling off battery wire while car is on(careful not to let + touch anything) if car is still running then go for the main relay, then fuel pump, then dizzy. I hope you have a meter to run a continuity test.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Check the little mice running inside your engine. Sometimes if they don't get fed they die and they can't run on that spinning wheel to power your engine. lol

Chris Vu

Reaction score
:dumb: i should put my lil fluffy hamster in there. get +20hp (hamster power) !! Sorry for being OT :(

changaroo

Reaction score
could be a clogged EGR, is the car throwing any codes?

Back