Ummm What happend

Status
Not open for further replies.

metrick1235

Reaction score
went to start my car last night.. and all of a sudden my battery Light, Brake light, Door open light (all of them) and Trunk light all lit up... WTF? im gonna go outside and see if i can figure something out.. Any help incase i dont find anything...

IMG00090-20110212-0702.jpg

metrick1235

Reaction score
Ya i think your right... I had figured it was something electrical.. i started with the battery and then went to the alternator, the belt seems super loose so i think that may be it.. im gonna replace the belt this afternoon. Hopefully this will fix it.. i hope its not the alternator itself...

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the alternator is bad itself. The reason random lights come on is because there is a short causing current where it shouldn't be spilling all through your harness.

metrick1235

Reaction score
k not the belt.. its the alternator bracket.. the lower bolt and shook it broke it loose..

metrick1235

Reaction score
well after calling around.. i cant get one till friday... (shipped to honda tuesday) and then shipped to me..

metrick1235

Reaction score
any idea on how i could quick fix this for a couple days... the earliest i will be able to get a mount is friday.. and thats shipped (they cant get it in till tuesday).. (im not paying 101.89 for 2 day shipping)

Sexi4draccord

Reaction score
yea its deff ur alternator change it before u get stuck...that **** happend to me not that long ago....

metrick1235

Reaction score
yea its deff ur alternator change it before u get stuck...that **** happend to me not that long ago....

it was the mount, my dad went and had the alternator tested, Alternator is fine.. The mount that holds it to the side of the block broke in half..it looks like it cracked a long time ago and has been gettin bigger .. So ive got it up with some heavy duty wire until friday, then went ahead put the belt back on and it works great.. no lights showing now.... hopefully it will hold.. thought about zip ties and ductape though...just for an extra precaution! LMAO

Master Shake

Reaction score
it was the mount, my dad went and had the alternator tested, Alternator is fine.. The mount that holds it to the side of the block broke in half..it looks like it cracked a long time ago and has been gettin bigger .. So ive got it up with some heavy duty wire until friday, then went ahead put the belt back on and it works great.. no lights showing now.... hopefully it will hold.. thought about zip ties and ductape though...just for an extra precaution! LMAO

good man! i've used D-tape and zip times many times! w/e gets the job done til you can do it proper :boink:

:seewhatyoudid:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back