Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

I plan on getting the front/rear lower braces, the fender braces as well as the rear strut bar.

Micheal, I think the fender braces might work if that 'ridge' was maybe 'massaged in' enough to help the brace fit flush?

Also, for the 4cyl guys that have the rear lower brace, does it look like it would clear the V6 exhaust though? I know hard to tell, but if there is a local V6 member near you, would be very helpful to see it mounted to get an idea of fitment.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

I plan on getting the front/rear lower braces, the fender braces as well as the rear strut bar.

Micheal, I think the fender braces might work if that 'ridge' was maybe 'massaged in' enough to help the brace fit flush?

Also, for the 4cyl guys that have the rear lower brace, does it look like it would clear the V6 exhaust though? I know hard to tell, but if there is a local V6 member near you, would be very helpful to see it mounted to get an idea of fitment.

That "ridge" is the weld for the Unibody. I wouldn't massage it in or anything.
Also, we don't know if the CF4/CL1 geometry, from the door hinges to that front mounting point, is the same as our USA Accord unibody. It might not line up, even after modifying the brace itself.
Still trying to get an Answer from Throwdown on the Fender Braces. Last I heard, the issue was sent to Ultra Racing for investigation.

The Rear LOWER 4 point looks like it would mount up in the rear. The rear section mounts up to the sub-frame. Those appear to be the same for the JDM/EURO vs USA Accord.
I have not been able to verify the front mounting point. I cant' find/get a picture of that area on the CF4/CL1 so that I can compare both of those areas.

Looks like it could clear the exhaust for both I4 and V6, it's going to be close.
The CF4/CL1 exhaust piping appears to hang higher than the USA accord exhaust? Keep in mind though, this rear 4 point brace is going to sit LOW to the ground.

I'm still up in the air about the rear strut tower brace. Might benefit, might not. However, IF there is any flex in the rear strut tower, that brace should decrease or eliminate the flex.

JEER42

Reaction score

This has to be one of the coolest things avaliable for our 6thgens.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

That "ridge" is the weld for the Unibody. I wouldn't massage it in or anything.
Also, we don't know if the CF4/CL1 geometry, from the door hinges to that front mounting point, is the same as our USA Accord unibody. It might not line up, even after modifying the brace itself.
Still trying to get an Answer from Throwdown on the Fender Braces. Last I heard, the issue was sent to Ultra Racing for investigation.

The Rear LOWER 4 point looks like it would mount up in the rear. The rear section mounts up to the sub-frame. Those appear to be the same for the JDM/EURO vs USA Accord.
I have not been able to verify the front mounting point. I cant' find/get a picture of that area on the CF4/CL1 so that I can compare both of those areas.

Looks like it could clear the exhaust for both I4 and V6, it's going to be close.
The CF4/CL1 exhaust piping appears to hang higher than the USA accord exhaust? Keep in mind though, this rear 4 point brace is going to sit LOW to the ground.

I'm still up in the air about the rear strut tower brace. Might benefit, might not. However, IF there is any flex in the rear strut tower, that brace should decrease or eliminate the flex.

I will be checking in to this thread for updates. I would be willing to try the fender braces to see what can be done to make it sit flush, but i am more willing to see what the response will be from UR.

That is what I thought about the rear lower brace, it would sit pretty low and take a decent beating depending on the drop. I need to raise the rear of my car anyway, so that may not be an issue.

There seems to be benefit from the harness bar that Andy and a local member here have used, mind you, that's in the middle of the car, so I don't know if having a rear upper brace would actually make a difference. Again, I am willing to try, just to complete the suspension upgrade.

Narftastic

Reaction score

I want that 4 point brace so bad but i feel like ill scrape even more than i already do :(

but the lower tie bar i might get.

Ofnir107

Reaction score

I also researched the 4 point lower REAR brace. On my car and possibly on ALL the USA Accords, the exhaust pipe seems to be a clearance issue. I have 2.5 inch exhaust and it hangs kinda low. I'm sure it could be modified to provide clearance for the brace. You would need to have the piping run really close to the "channel", or what I mean is, close to the car body.

Hey Wheeelman, I just wanted to verify that the rear brace is a direct bolt on as long as the exhaust is modded properly?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

Hey Wheeelman, I just wanted to verify that the rear brace is a direct bolt on as long as the exhaust is modded properly?

Not definite.

Rear mounting points look the same -- the sub frames look to be the same if not really close.
Can't tell ya on the front mounting points. Have not seen a picture of the chassis area on the CF4/CL1 for that specific mounting point. Even so, someone would still need to buy it to make 100% sure it mounts up.

slowrider87

Reaction score

ordered 4point... stoked for it to come in.

likeawp

Reaction score

Just got this 4-pt brace :rock:......need to raise car up a bit to use it though xD

This thread needs to be stickied ;)

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

Just got this 4-pt brace :rock:......need to raise car up a bit to use it though xD

This thread needs to be stickied ;)

Cool.

Stickied? Nah. A better sticky would be "consolidated" information on ALL of the Ultra Racing braces we can use for our USA Accords. If I can remember, I will do this after we have tried addt'l bracing from U/R.

:afro:
** Don't think Throwdown Performance is going to follow through with Ultra Racing on the Fender Braces. It's been 4 months and Mark is not responding to my Emails, but we know how that goes sometimes.

He stated he does have them in stock for pictures and measurements. I would really like to add these up front to see if any addt'l effects can be felt/acheived. I may see if he will sell me a set at cost and try to work something out maybe.

Back