Thoughts on kumho Ecsta le sport?

AFAccord

Reaction score
From my experience with Nexens, I can only recommend them if you need a cheap tire that's available locally to replace one or two damaged tires until your original tires have expired. I would never recommend them as a new set. There are simply much better options available for similar prices. (like Kumho's)

swollen_cu

Reaction score
^ true that... I've had some nexxens and they are just good for regular driving... Nothing else

Traction is horrible, wet performance sucks...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Personal preference, I guess, there have been a lot of local people here that were happy with the Nexens.

Owner's varied, from Lude to Civic, etc. Not only Honda owners.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I'm not saying they don't have good treadwear, are pretty quiet, or not reliable. For a calmer driver in an economy car, they might be perfect. Compared to the higher-end tires I'm used to, they have terrible turn-in response, poor dry traction, and are on the verge of being un-safe in wet conditions. Not ideal at all for a spirited driver.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^Definately a better tire out there, and if the Kumho's are comparable, then sure.

Unfortunately, being here in Canada, means we have to pay a premium for a wide variety of things, so, sometimes, a cheaper alternative is an unfortunate option.

-bl-

Reaction score
^Definately a better tire out there, and if the Kumho's are comparable, then sure.

Unfortunately, being here in Canada, means we have to pay a premium for a wide variety of things, so, sometimes, a cheaper alternative is an unfortunate option.

yeah exactly =(

But i found someone locally who is selling some all season Michelin pilot sport tires and i might just grab those, they go for $800-1000, got good reviews and hes selling them for $600.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I won't deny Michelin tires are great, but I think there are other tires that are close or better for the money Michelin charges.

-bl-

Reaction score
I won't deny Michelin tires are great, but I think there are other tires that are close or better for the money Michelin charges.

I totally agree but these michelin tires that i am seeing are brand new and $400 off, so i can't turn it down.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I've heard pretty much nothing but good things about those Continental ExtremeContacts, both DW and DWS. Just check tirerack reviews to see for yourself. I was going to get them before I decided to go with FK452's.

OP, those should definitely be considered as one of your top choices. They have good treadwear ratings too, 540 IIRC.

+1

Last edited:
Back