Did shop screw me? What would you do?

xx24xx

Reaction score
Sup guys. :haysm9: I got a little rant that I want to get off my chest and possibly get some advice in how to handle my situation. :explode::explode::explode:

I had some parts that needed to be installed on my car and I went to this local shop called 1320 Performance. Here is a list of the job in question:

-Roll both rear fenders
-Install rear camber kit (2 sets)
-Install 04+ TL Progress sway bar
-Install front fender liners

The front fenders look great. No problem there. The camber looks ok. I gotta get it aligned still. On to the rant...

From doing research on my end, rolling fenders properly requires 2 things. 1) a roller and 2) a heat gun. So I p/u my car when it was done and came back to work. I quickly inspected the rear fenders to find that I could obviously say a heat gun was not used AT ALL. My paint is cracked and chipped fully along the fender panel. A new paint job is the only thing that will fix it.

When I went to pay the shop, who charged me a staggering $300 to do this work, he told me that I had the wrong rear sway bar part# and it wouldn't fit. He confirmed it was for an 04+ TL. My eyes lit up and I explained that many many many people already have this same part installed and it would fit fine. He says if I want I can bring it in some other time and they can take another look at it. He wasn’t charging me initially and agreed to not charge me if I came in again to do so. When I looked at the sway bar it had large scrapes on it to the point that it certainly isn't returnable anymore. I'm like WTF. :eusa_wall::explode:

So at this point I'm holding off for advice because I'm so angry I could drive my car through their establishment right now. Rant over

david5788

Reaction score
its a shop. thats what they do they do gay shiit all the time. even for a performance motorsport shop that is sad. they obviously dont know what they are doing. leave bad reviews for them on yahoo.com or spread this throughout as many forums as you can. shops get away with this kinda shiit too much. its time for us to fight back

you should just talk to the owner of the shop, in a well mannered fashion, and tell him the situation. and try to work with him. thats the best you can do

swollen_cu

Reaction score
rolling rear fenders=$60
Install camber kits=1.5 hrs x 70/hr = $115
Install front fender liner=1 hr=$70

Sub total=$245.

I wouldnt have paid more than that. IMO

ActNow

Reaction score
its a shop. thats what they do they do gay shiit all the time. even for a performance motorsport shop that is sad. they obviously dont know what they are doing. leave bad reviews for them on yahoo.com or spread this throughout as many forums as you can. shops get away with this kinda shiit too much. its time for us to fight back

you should just talk to the owner of the shop, in a well mannered fashion, and tell him the situation. and try to work with him. thats the best you can do

^^thats the best advice.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Millz

Reaction score
nothing that a can of gasoline and a match wont fix....

DO NOT BURN THE SHOP DOWN...

start off with talking to the shop and saying that they messed up the fender and the paint on it (when you roll the fender this should not happen) and see if they'll compensate you in any way

if you havent paid yet (yeah i know stupid assumption) dont give them the money and take it elsewhere

fyi, next time this happens refuse to pay until they do it properly and dont give them any more money than the original price (this is risky however because they might just get ticked off and do something else messed up to your car) worked for me once because i was very polite with the owner in explaning that this is not what i deem acceptable and the work shouldnt have been done like this

i told him i am going to pay when it is done properly (which is a very reasonable expectation) i knew 7-8 people that also got work done there, and i told him that if you guys are okay getting paid for shady work ill let my friends know that you have this mind-set and you'll lose a few regular customers etc.

they even chimed in and talked to the owner to help me get the job that wasnt a hack

wish you luck i hope you get a good result out of all this

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
From doing research on my end, rolling fenders properly requires 2 things. 1) a roller and 2) a heat gun. So I p/u my car when it was done and came back to work. I quickly inspected the rear fenders to find that I could obviously say a heat gun was not used AT ALL. My paint is cracked and chipped fully along the fender panel. A new paint job is the only thing that will fix it.

ive seen it posted a few times about a heat gun being used while rolling your fenders and you paint wont crack. honestly, from my experience, thats a big pile of ****, haha. a heat gun, if anything, will strip paint. the one i have i bought from the paint section in walmart and it was made solely to strip off paint. now, a heat gun will strip off paint, or wont, it just depends how long you apply the heat to a certain area. when you roll fenders, your paint will crack and chip and whatever, regardless of what you do to try and prevent that. ive used legit fender rollers, pipes, bats, hammers, socket extension bits (haha), vibrating metal dildos, all in the past, and the paint has always cracked and chipped. its just what happens.

xx24xx

Reaction score
So then the paint cracking was inevitable I guess? They have done work for me before and it was all legit so far. They charged me a little over the top this time and I knew it. I let it slide because they have given me good deals before. I guess I gotta go print directions how to install the rear sway properly so they know what to do. I don't understand why they think it wont work. To the search tool for me! Thanks everyone for your input. I'm a little more calm now.

Vibrating metal dildos huh? You McGuyver you lol. :henry:

changaroo

Reaction score
about the fenders... they will crack regardless. i had mine rolled yesterday, IR temp gun measured the paint to be 120*F inside and under the fender.

the paint still cracked. i dont think it would have on most cars, but honda paint is terrible.

i'm just going to go to walmart and get a 99c can of black paint and spray it on :)

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Definitely talk to the owner of the shop
show he the cracking/peeling paint and explain that the sway bar WILL fit your car. Also explain that they scratched the hell out of the sway bar so it's unreturnable.
If you paid with a Credit Card, you can explain to the shop owner that because of the poor and/or lack of work that was done you can contact your cc company to dispute the charge

Back