RSX Wheel Install no Horn or Cruise Control

305S0L

Reaction score
Whatsup 6GA,

Need the guru's expertise on this issue.
I installed an RSX steering wheel that I purchased from Xxtankinover (thanks bro!) and followed the steps in the DIY thread http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42151

I wired the CC as suggested in the above mentioned thread as well as grounded the horn. The process was very simple, but during the removal of the steering wheel, i somehow managed to pull the SRS Cable Reel apart :skurred: I was able to put it back together and pop it back in place.

But now as a result, my horn and CC isnt working.

Is there any way you guys may know of to troubleshoot this issue?

IMG_4166_zps02133c99.jpg

Last edited:

cyen008

Reaction score
im no help, but just wanted to say that interior looks really nice with the wheel and double din

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you man. Unless I was there to diagnose it myself.

When I wrote the DIY I noted that the collar and wires were delicate. And it plugs right back up. So something went wrong there

Edit: by the way this isn't an urgent matter.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Replace the SRS clockspring. Theres not a big thing you can do about it. Since the clockspring controls the airbag, Cruise, wheel controls, and the horn, Trying to repair it could be costlier than it is to buy an ebay one.

305S0L

Reaction score
im no help, but just wanted to say that interior looks really nice with the wheel and double din

thanks!

I don't know what to tell you man. Unless I was there to diagnose it myself.

When I wrote the DIY I noted that the collar and wires were delicate. And it plugs right back up. So something went wrong there

Edit: by the way this isn't an urgent matter.

Well, not having a properly functioning SRS system sounds like an urgent matter IMO. You don't appreciate your horn until you cant use it! Either way, thanks for the input. If the thread is the wrong section; mods please move.

Replace the SRS clockspring. Theres not a big thing you can do about it. Since the clockspring controls the airbag, Cruise, wheel controls, and the horn, Trying to repair it could be costlier than it is to buy an ebay one.

I really appreciate the advice. i'm a noob when it comes to the SRS system.
Once i replace the clockspring i'll report back if it resolves the problem.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i did what i found in cleansleepers thread and my cruise control works fine, i still have no horn or airbag lol

305S0L

Reaction score
i did what i found in cleansleepers thread and my cruise control works fine, i still have no horn or airbag lol

dude i never realized how much i use my horn. driving in miami requires a functioning horn lol

yeah.. You probably broke something . SRS light on?
You checked your fuses?

then last thing left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-525-...1998|Model:Accord&hash=item35c84eb24f&vxp=mtr

Just realized you might be second stage, as your 2001-2002.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-525-...2001|Model:Accord&hash=item484ea392c8&vxp=mtr

Yes sir, checked the fuses. they check out. And no on the SRS light.
This weekend im going to pull everything off and inspect. If the problem isnt resolved, im going to order the clockspring.

Do you guys think due to me splicing the cruise wires and hooking them up to the RSX wheel screwed up the clockspring?

305S0L

Reaction score
Update:

Removed the wheel this weekend and found the culprit. The wire loom inside the clockspring somehow snapped off.

Im gonna need a new one.

IMG_4206_zpsb660d129.jpg

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Lol Told you, Get an exact Year, and Model and Trim match, also be sure you pick up Single or Dual stage depending on your bag.

Back