Varnell's '99 J37 Stroker 6MT Coupe EX-L

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Re: Varnell's '99 J32 6MT Coupe EX-L

Clean looking Camry! Your car is black on black, hers is white on white. Complete opposites haha. Car's looking good, coming all together.

BTW, you might want to hammer that little lip up flat that's right about the tire in this picture. Underneath the frame/fender rail (whatever it's called). Don't want to be cutting into the tire over dips.

20150629_121415.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Thanks. It's funny how I never noticed your BBK until I bought these from Adam. I'd really like something similar for the rear, but I honestly don't think this car needs anymore stopping power. lol

I have seen rear BBK's, but it would be a waste of money as it would only be for looks really. Which means if I got my hands on the Pilot upgrade I'd be happy. Like you said, a rear BBK would be overkill.

Since I can't find replacement rotors for my BBK, I'm not sure whether I'll go back to stock calipers, go for Legends, or the RL. I just hope the RL's are roughly the same size as the Rotoras so the wheels fit the same.

Varnell

Reaction score

Clean looking Camry! Your car is black on black, hers is white on white. Complete opposites haha. Car's looking good, coming all together.

BTW, you might want to hammer that little lip up flat that's right about the tire in this picture. Underneath the frame/fender rail (whatever it's called). Don't want to be cutting into the tire over dips.

As for the Camry, that's exactly what she was going for since she knew I've always been set on black on black. It's funny that you mention it. She wanted it like that because I used to show her your car when it was slammed on white XXR 527's. I'd say "check out my car's white twin." lol

I've never even noticed that lip. I'll check it out today. I know I've been snagging on the inner wheel well while turning where the previous owner cut out a section.

I have seen rear BBK's, but it would be a waste of money as it would only be for looks really. Which means if I got my hands on the Pilot upgrade I'd be happy. Like you said, a rear BBK would be overkill.

Since I can't find replacement rotors for my BBK, I'm not sure whether I'll go back to stock calipers, go for Legends, or the RL. I just hope the RL's are roughly the same size as the Rotoras so the wheels fit the same.

You can't find any Rotora replacement rotors? That's a big part of the reason I went with the RL BBK since I knew there would be aftermarket support for 350z rotors for years to come.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Long story short Rotora screwed everyone over when they came out with their 2pc kits, everyone who invested in their 1pc kits was left out in the cold. I've come close to finding 330x23mm replacement rotors but can't find an exact solution. I may try spacing the calipers and which would let me use a thicker rotor.

Kind of touched on it here: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50012

If that's a big pain I may just try another setup if I find it cheap.

Varnell

Reaction score

I can imagine how frustrating that would be, considering I'm sure you spent quite a bit on the BBK. It doesn't help that the 6GA aftermarket support has gone down and it doesn't look like there was much to begin with.

20150726_190744.jpg

IMG_20150726_191035.jpg

IMG_20150726_191504.jpg

...and before anyone comments on my parking I was the only one at work yesterday. lol

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I can imagine how frustrating that would be, considering I'm sure you spent quite a bit on the BBK. It doesn't help that the 6GA aftermarket support has gone down and it doesn't look like there was much to begin with.

Luckily I bought it used and paid maybe half price. Still no reason for not standing behind their product. Anyway, your coupe looks mean, just needs a grill and it looks like the hood needs fixed up a bit.

Varnell

Reaction score

Luckily I bought it used and paid maybe half price. Still no reason for not standing behind their product. Anyway, your coupe looks mean, just needs a grill and it looks like the hood needs fixed up a bit.

That's not nearly as bad then. I'd still be frustrated with the situation. How much more use do you expect to get out of the setup?

Thanks, it's nice to slowly see what I've had in my head for over a year making it onto the road. Yea, I have the oem grill, but I'm debating whether or not I should go with the Type R grill. From there I'm debating which mesh to use. As for the hood, it has a dent that apparently cracked the paint and left a bit of rust. I spent last week painting the lip, which didn't come out so great, so my plans for painting the hood have halted.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Luckily when I bought the kit it still had plenty of life left, so it's still good to go for a bit longer I think. I'll use it until I can't anymore, still have my OEM calipers which I'll put on when the rotors render themselves useless. Then I'll figure out where to go.

If you're using your own mesh, I'd just buy the cheapest grill possible, they're all pretty much the same.

Varnell

Reaction score

Finally got an alignment. -4/-6 camber front/rear.

Back