Yay Dead Deer! + Camber kit

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
So I'm driving home from college the other day. Minding my own business on the highway when bam, the car in front of me veers to the other lane and I see a nice big o'l deer laying in the middle of the road. I quickly glance in my mirror and theres a car next to me, so I slam my brakes and try and get over as much as possible. Well that didn't help much and ran over about 1/2 to 1/3 of the dead deer. Almost lost control but managed to get it handled safely. I pulled over to the side of the road to check things out, and i literally have deer blood running all across the passenger side of my car.

After I pulled back on the highway noticed the car was pulling way too much. So today after a car wash to scrub away deer blood and hair, brought it to the shop for a checkup, alignment, tire rotation/balancing (needed it anyway good timing). Anyway tread is good on the car pretty new tires, toe is basically at 0, but my rear camber is -1 driver side, and -2 passenger side (where I hit the dear). Guy at the shop said I needed a camber kit to correct this since that's a little over the comfort zone he likes cars to ride at.

I knew I would need a camber kit eventually since my car is lowered so wasn't a huge shock. Just some interest here on which camber kit you guys recommend from experience, I researched some brands just looking to see any first hand experience on either good buys or "stay away froms". Also about how much have previous people paid for price of camber kit as well as installation.

Thanks alot guys I know im a pain :talk-punch:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Sucks about the deer dude. I've hit two, both were alive before I hit them lol.

You don't really need one but most people go with either the Ingalls or Wicked Tuning camber kit. You can get a Wicked set for under 150 bucks.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Is the camber on either side close? Like -1.9 and -2.2 or something? Or are they further apart? Small differences are ok and I would say don't waste your money on a camber kit, but if there is more than 1/2 a degree difference I would say get one.

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
In for pics of blood splattered Accord.

Got a night shot, forgot to take pictures before I got the car washed, here's the best one, camera phone mind you lol
IMG00163-20101203-1634.jpg

Is the camber on either side close? Like -1.9 and -2.2 or something? Or are they further apart? Small differences are ok and I would say don't waste your money on a camber kit, but if there is more than 1/2 a degree difference I would say get one.

I don't remember exactly forgot to get a copy of the printout from the shop, but it was definitely more than half possibly more than 1, I wana say somewhere around -1.1 left side and -2.3 on the right side. Either way it was more than 1/2 so guess that means im getting a camber kit? lol

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
:lawl: damn dude, that deer got RAPED

and if you have to go with one, I'd get Ingalls personally.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Once again, DO NOT get the wicked tuning camber kit. The bushings are junk china crap and will go out within a Years time. Go with ingalls. They aren't that much more expensive.

And to the OP, are you sure nothing is bent?

itzcharlie

Reaction score
I agree with alex please don't get wicked tuning . I had mine on for about 20,000 miles and alex took it off and bushings were worn like crazy

dcmystery21

Reaction score
I can almost guarentee you that something is bent, but if you manage to get the alignment squared, then it should be fine. Needless to say, I would take a real good look at the passenger side suspension.

Back