My Spider Kit NightMare!!!

nzaf001

Reaction score
What up 6gen so i recently picked up a kit from ebay called the widebody spider kit after i got hit by a snowplow driven by a drunk illegal alien. So i got my estimate an got a check for 2300 dollars(sweet!) The kit arrived and i started shopping body shops for the install.

th_spiderkit.jpg

To my dismay i found that most body shops wont even touch a fiberglass body kit because of the amount of work involved sanding shaving trimming all the aspects of fabrication that are involved with the install. Finally found a shop that would do it and they wanted 3500 bucks wow thats about what the cars worth. So i decided to take matters into my own hands.

I called a friend of mine with a lot of mechanical and body work experience and we set a day and started with the skirts. Ripped off the stockies and began sanding and filing to fit them. None of the original clips could be used so we had to drill holes in the wells and reuse the stock clips.

th_CIMG0260.jpg

After a few three hour sessions we had the skirts fitted and lined up next to perfectly and all i had to pay my boy was 50 bucks a day and beer afterward.
So only about 200 in the hole for the skirts.

th_CIMG0262.jpg

So the next day we meet after the skirts are done we decide to get busy with the front bumper. We remove the stock bumper and start to prefit the new one. After some careful examination i see that the bumper that i got from NRGmotortrend has a piece missing from were the headlights are like the mold had been cut wrong check out the pic of the stock one lined up with the turd NRG sent me(wtf!!)

th_CIMG0270.jpg

So I called NRG and they told me that I needed to send them pics of the problem and they would have to contact the manufacturer and they will be hopefully getting back to me within a week or so.

CIMG0267.jpg

So i started this post as a warning to anyone considering buying the nrg motortrend widebody spider kit because it seems unless you have really deep pockets than you probably shouldnt waste your hard earned cash as well as they will probably also send you the same bumper that they sent me with the headlight housings missing.:wtf1: Luckily for me i have some knowledge about bodywork and painting and I have a friend who is a pro and accepts beer for payment. Ill post back as I hear more from NRG and when I get it all painted.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
You should have consulted us before buying a bodykit on ebay. I wouldn't touch ANYTHING on ebay unless it was coming right from Wings West, Elemental Designs or Kaminari. Even still, I would never buy a FG kit.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Your first mistake was replacing that bumper with an ugly *** bodykit instead of a oem bumper.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
dude that front bumper looks like its for a 5th gen.

this isnt the same company as NRG Innovations is it?

and wait.... why the hell are you buying a BODY KIT?

nzaf001

Reaction score
wow i hate this site i remeber why i never post cuz people just h8

last thread ill ever post and im scraping the .com off my 6th gen stickers im sorry im such an idiot

and im glad i have a place to go when i need to be reminded.

Last edited:
Back