Dash lights

bigboialvin

Reaction score
Hey guys while driving to this work this morning my battery light and the door lights (as if all the doors were open) came on simultaneously what does that mean?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Could be a lot of different things.. What else is happening other than that? Could be bad ground or bad battery/alternator contacts. Need More Info.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
most likely points towards a failing alternator from the same thing happening to others

bigboialvin

Reaction score
Yeah it was my alternator. Car died this morning right before going to work. Had it towed to the shop.

001Stunna

Reaction score
most alternators dont just die on their own, it can be caused by a bad battery that the alternator keeps trying to charge etc...hence why must shops check and load test your battery after replacing the alternator. a dead battery can quickly kill even a new alternator.

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
OEM alternator still running strong at 114k miles. Have only gone through 4 batteries since 99'

:poke:

charliebitme

Reaction score
Probably the Alternator, mine had the exact same problem, and once I replaced the alternator the problem was gone.

Macsrule15

Reaction score
how much did you pay for the alternator if you dont mind me asking? i installed mine myself it was a piece of cake.. but i paid 75 for mine with a core

my alternator went 188k

Back