99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! Update, 10/26/12, pics pg6! RUNNING!

jdmcg3

Reaction score
Re: 99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! Update, 6/6/12, pics pg2!

i just noticed you have a broken Knock Sensor. youre gonna wanna replace that.. just my .02

DSCF0812.jpg

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

If he's using a stock ECU then yeah he should have it. If he's running a P28 or something similar, there is no need for it. There is realy no need for it period since he's not running boost - but if the original ECU accounts for it then it should be there and working, otherwise it may throw off the stock ECU.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score

Going to run a p28. I didnt feel like trying to work around the knock/EGR nonsense with the p13. The knock sensor was perfect, untill I moved it outside to lift it. Somehow someone tried to pick up the engine from there. Lol..

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score

THE PULL! Stopped screwing around and got the small stuff done, then Bam, started first try! Sputters alot when hot at partial throttle openings, not sure why just yet. Will post updated pics here in a bit. Also a full dizzy wiring diagram for the p13 external coil h22 dizzy. Holy shìt I'm happy with it, was easy as pie. Cruise, p/s, a/c, all gauges, fans, everything is functioning as it should! No check engine lights, nothin but that wierd sputter/bog/backfire.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Re: 99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! Update, 6/17/12, pics pg4! RUNNING!

Alright, It's Getting HOT hot hot... So i'm going to Toss a new thermostat in it tomorrow. But anyways, I have managed to Get the swap done with around $1100 in it all together with Misc parts and Such. I needed a Shorter Belt for the Power steering, Which uses all unmodified CG5 Lines, F23 Pulley, and Prelude P/s Pump and bracket with a 410k4 Belt (Duralast number, its .8" shorter than the stock 418k4 Belt.)

Accord Pump Bottom, Prelude Pump Top
DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0910.jpg

Meanwhile, If nikita were Here... I'm the white Russian.
DSCF0920.jpg

The Distributor was the Most time consuming part of the swap, i literally Sat there for hours thinking of how not to mess it up. Eventually i used my Brain (Not much left after being a GM tech...) And managed to pull this off in ten minutes. This diagram is exactly how i did my wiring and the Ignition side seems to function just fine! NOTE; My Tdc and Ckp sensors are in the same location as the F23 behind the timing cover so i did not need to midify any wiring, just plugged into the OBD2 H22A4 Sensors.
H22DizzyWiring.jpg

What i did was take all the Wiring and plug out of the F23a1 Dizzy, and Spliced that into the H22 dizzy plugs, so i wouldnt have to mangle the Accord harness too much.
DSCF0926.jpg

DSCF0925.jpg

Some Bending of the Fuel lines and such and everything went together just Fine, although i'm sure it's running rich due to too much fuel pressure (my p28 was tuned for 40psi, f23@60psi stock?)

DSCF0930.jpg

And Lastly The before and after shots.
015jpga-1.jpg

DSCF0931.jpg

If i left out anything you would like to see, or need info on let me know, i have tons of pics. I havent finished up the Rest of the Wiring How-to yet so it can give you an idea of exactly what i did. Thanks all!

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score

It's a completely Different Car now... It seems much more, Loud, Buzzzy, Crude, Violent, and Much more Exciting! Listening to The Single cam thump for years to hearing that Noise come from the Dohc beast is Biblical! (well, not really, but for a family DD it's a drastic change) Overall, It was probably the most fun i've had with a honda in a while. Since the engine is new still, I'm going to be taking it easy untill broken in (No Vtak yo.) Anyone know the Procedure to break it in correctly? Since it aint no small block... lol

Last edited:

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score

Going to try the P13 ecu today, Probably going to run in limp Because no emissions and knock, But i Want to see if it starts up better and Cures the Wierd flat spot it has in the throttle... =/

Elite1JDM

Reaction score

Going to try the P13 ecu today, Probably going to run in limp Because no emissions and knock, But i Want to see if it starts up better and Cures the Wierd flat spot it has in the throttle... =/

Nice job!!! It looks super clean, when you break it in probly just need to put 500-1000 miles on it then change the oil. Then just kind of baby it i guess for a while till you feel comfortable to romp the piss out of it! DOHC FTMFW

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score

Thanks! And I was going to change the oil in 500miles, then after the first 3k on Dino oil I will switch to mobile1. As far as my tests concluded it runs worse with both p13's and It acts like its running too lean and is misfiring below 3k Rpms. The engine gets wayyyy hotter than the old f23 even after the new thermostat, plugs were gapped to .05, I set them at .040 and the plugs look like they are burning way lean.

Back