Garage space in Bay Area

Kink

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got to undo a Euro-R engine swap so that I can register my car in California, and I have to do it asap. I'm living in cramped SF, and have no access to a garage. Does anyone know of any place in the bay area to rent garage space? Since I have personally done the swap myself in April, I'm pretty confident I could do it in a weekend.

Varnell

Reaction score
Sounds like a colossal PITA. Good luck. You should look into doing a write-up on it when you have some time.

Kink

Reaction score
It is; I got an inspection from the state ref. in San Bruno. It passed functional and emissions tests, that latter with flying colors ---like 4x below average for this car in all categories--- but still gets a "tampered" flag because of the JDM emissions parts. I've gone a long way towards installing all the 2001 USDM prelude parts, but it's going to be an awful job and I don't have any idea how much time/energy it will take (for instance you have to move the evap system from the middle of the chassis to the engine bay and all kinds of BS like that) The un-swap is a known variable and if I can do it in a weekend, I think I might just do it.

Back