Question about Headlight Bulb

Ironade

Reaction score
I went in Advance Auto Parts and Auto Zone to see what headlight bulb they have, but I am not sure which is right one. I am looking for white light instead of yellowish color light. I know that silver star is pretty good, but silver star's life is so short (burning too fast). I am looking for a bulb that is bright enough and last longer... Xenon or any suggest?

Bax

Reaction score
get 4300 or 5000k for a whiter light.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
For halogen get Philips Crystalvision. If you're wanting high intensity discharge get yourself a set of DDM's as said above.

Bax

Reaction score
Any halogen bulbs that burn a brighter color, aren't going to have as long of a life span as regular halogens. They burn hotter to produce that white-ish light.

If you insist on putting hids in your reflective housings, please just aim them lower.
But for future reference this topic has been covered here many times, as well as all over the internet. just google it. :peace:

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
If you want just white then I suggest 4k or 5k. imo 6k has a little hint of blue in it.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
If you don't mind the price, you should look into HIR bulbs. The filament location is the same as the stock 9006 bulb so you won't be generating the glare you get when you place a PNP kit into your stock reflector headlights. The HIR bulbs put out more lumens of light than the 9006. The only thing you would have to do is trim off part of the tabs. Also, their color won't be as white as HID (I believe they are 3600K), but their output makes up for it.

As for PNP kits, it's contradictory to buy them and adjust aim your headlights lower to accommodate them. The point of you upgrading is to improve your vision on the road. By aiming them downward, you gain foreground light and lose distance lighting. For me it's function over form. Just my opinion.

Or I would just hang in there and save up for a retrofit. =) The MH1 retrofit is DIY friendly and is affordable compared to the standard hack-n-slask retrofit.

Back