Updated! Pics! Leather Magic Carpet Dye

ccordex00

Reaction score
Ok...so I've been working on my two tone project and the last piece done was the carpet. Instead of getting a new one with the same specs as the oem was gonna set me back $200+ shipped (molded carpet with the sound insulation) so I decided to go ahead and give a shot at the Leather Magic Carpet dye kit..the price was 24.99+shipping for a 16oz bottle with the applicator, brush and a pair of gloves. This stuff is amazing!, for this price the product works really good and also it gives the chance to retouch the carpet whenever you want. As far as carpet quality it doesn't compromise the texture of the carpet unlike my test pieces with other product and as far as color it mixes really good. The black honda color gives the same color as charcoal when applied over the tan carpet so keep that in mind if you decide to go with this stuff. Im waiting now to fully dry so I can reassemble my car and get ready for this weekend's canyon meet.

Price: 10
Quality: 10
Application: 8 (you need enough space and time...I did this at my appartment!)
Pros: easy application, no fumes, shipping is fast!
Cons: you need time, space and you might wanna order an extra bottle if you are super anal about the color ( I might get another one just in case)

http://www.leathermagic.com/

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: Leathe Magic Carpet Dye

How did you choose your color?

facepalm4.jpg

ccordex00

Reaction score
Re: Leathe Magic Carpet Dye

i'll post pics sometime thursday...right now im finishing the rear doors so the black flows better

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Leather Magic Carpet Dye

Nice! I remember you first posting about this when you were thinking about taking a shot at it. That's awesome you went through with it, definitely looking forward to pics. :naughty:

ccordex00

Reaction score
Re: Leather Magic Carpet Dye

Ok so Im installing the last pieces and retouching some of the details
remember...one bottle to cover just enough to change the color...two bottle is you are extremelt anal about covering every single fiber of the carpet
HPIM5229.jpg

HPIM5231.jpg

HPIM5236.jpg

HPIM5238.jpg

Back