Switching Climate Control

Dj3men2Nyc

Reaction score
How easy is it to switch from the regular climate control center piece to the digital one ? I saw the back is different what exactly I gotta do ?

james'99

Reaction score
How easy is it to switch from the regular climate control center piece to the digital one ? I saw the back is different what exactly I gotta do ?

Can't be done without HEAVY modification. All the interfaces are different. Plus, sensors are involved in the digital one.

Actually, I don't think it can be done. (And be worth it anyway)

FNCONE

Reaction score
Depends how much work u wanna put in. It's not just swapping connectors and climate controls. IIRC I think the multiplexers have some thing to do with the digital climate control also.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
One of the few benefits of having an Ex :p

Hard as F' to swap! If you do it, you might as well start with a dash harness swap, maybe even f & r body harness. So basically the only way it's worth it is if you have an Ex, wreck it, then buy a Dx, basically a parts car so you can keep only the Dx chassis.

cg6soldado

Reaction score
I was also looking to do this but when I saw the amount of work that needs to be done I decided I'm good for now:)

james'99

Reaction score
One of the few benefits of having an Ex :p

Hard as F' to swap! If you do it, you might as well start with a dash harness swap, maybe even f & r body harness. So basically the only way it's worth it is if you have an Ex, wreck it, then buy a Dx, basically a parts car so you can keep only the Dx chassis.

Benefits of an EX V6! EX 4 cyls miss a lot unfortunately!

Back