RR's '99 coupe EX-L

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

I love your ride! (Subscribed, btw) I saw you are currently working on fitting a TL auto-dim mirror, can yo tell me more about how to do that? I'm super interested!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Finally found a set of pedals I liked, ordered these yesterday. :)

SCBS2bu.jpg

I love your ride! (Subscribed, btw) I saw you are currently working on fitting a TL auto-dim mirror, can yo tell me more about how to do that? I'm super interested!

Thank you. The TL mirror is not difficult, there are just 3 wires to run. The only problem I’m encountering is the mirror uses a different mount than the Accord, so you need to install a new mount right next to the old one. However, I don’t want to have two mounts on my windshield so I’m looking to swap the mirror housings somehow. Or I may use a Donnelly aftermarket mirror since I want a compass and outside temp reading in addition to auto-dim.

Anyway, another member told me how to wire it up, I’ve been meaning to post a DIY for him since he isn’t on here much anymore. That will tell you everything you need to know.

goldenchamp

Reaction score

Thank you. The TL mirror is not difficult, there are just 3 wires to run. The only problem I’m encountering is the mirror uses a different mount than the Accord, so you need to install a new mount right next to the old one. However, I don’t want to have two mounts on my windshield so I’m looking to swap the mirror housings somehow. Or I may use a Donnelly aftermarket mirror since I want a compass and outside temp reading in addition to auto-dim.

Anyway, another member told me how to wire it up, I’ve been meaning to post a DIY for him since he isn’t on here much anymore. That will tell you everything you need to know.

A DIY for that would be sweet! :thumbup:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

1 down 3 to go. Was harder than I thought, but material was pretty forgiving, just a matter of working it the right way. Worst part was the sharp curve toward the back of the panel, actually turned out pretty well I think.

Material isn't as shiny as it looks.

temporary-49.jpg

FNCONE

Reaction score

:D Looking nice! If you cut "fingers" behind the visible part you can stretch the corners more down and it will look excellent.

cg6soldado

Reaction score

Finally found a set of pedals I liked, ordered these yesterday. :)

SCBS2bu.jpg

I like those pedals what brand/name are they if you don't mind me asking?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

:D Looking nice! If you cut "fingers" behind the visible part you can stretch the corners more down and it will look excellent.

Thanks bud. Yea my wife who is pretty crafty told me to do that, really helped that sharp curve stay pretty clean. To my surprise there aren't any tension or bunched-up points anywhere.

Since the panels are plastic I was able to use a stitcher. But for the fronts the panel is metal so I will have to take a different approach since I'll have to use adhesive.

I like those pedals what brand/name are they if you don't mind me asking?

Sullivan Racing Products. They have a variety of finishes to choose from, and it's a really nice quality product. I was keeping my eye out in Ebay for the longest time but nothing really struck me, then I found SRP's site.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Got another panel wrapped, and compared the perfs on the panel and the seat. Pretty much the same, matches the steering wheel and shift knob too. The perfs are about 1/4" apart.

temporary_11.jpg

When they’re all wrapped then I will be switching out the window switch trim to silver.

temporary_9.jpg

Back