Heat shield + K&N X-stream filter - Installed

parksjm7

Reaction score
3994683710_d17ae0eef0.jpg

K&N-Universal-X-Stream-Clamp-On-Air-Filters.jpg

Heat Shield = $20, ebay

X-stream = $70, k&n direct

The new air filter makes a different, throatier sound than the original cone filter I had - since the top of the filter is open, I think the engine's breathing easier.

As for the heat shield, Not too big of a difference - I think the effects are mainly in my head - i.e., placebo

Just need to get my ur-ss crank pulley and i think i'll be happy.

I can feel the gains definitely from the x-stream filter, anyhow - whaddya guys think? open ended filter, heat shield - good or bad?

Bond4387

Reaction score
Doesn't look like the heat shield exactly fits over the filter like it should. Maybe there's not enough room to properly wrap it around the whole filter? Or is the shot just from a bad angle? :thinking:

parksjm7

Reaction score
Doesn't look like the heat shield exactly fits over the filter like it should. Maybe there's not enough room to properly wrap it around the whole filter? Or is the shot just from a bad angle? :thinking:

Yeah I bent it up quite a bit. The way it comes, it covers too much of the air filter - kinda defeats the purpose

The way I have it now, - In theory at least, should block hot air from the engine, and trap some of the airflow (from the air inlet below the filter) to the engine, that would normally be directed up to the hood or through the engine bay,

anyway, my butt dyno approves - i don't think it's worth really dynoing the setup as is.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
quick question, why did you use metal.... wouldn't something like plastic be better? since metal will transfer heat and all....

Back