DIY: F23 trans to H22 trans swap

dawg316

Reaction score
Little write up on how to and the bennifts of swapping to a h22 trans.

This swap is ment for 4cylinder orignal f23 engines. NO it will not work on your v6

Heres a graph of the shorter ratio explained courtesy of zealautowerks ( awesome site for honda info check em out)

30wr290.png

as you can see the h22 m2y4 trans has a better final drive which will make the car feel pepier and accelerate better. but as a con will cause the 5th ( final gear) to cruise at a higher RPM at higher highway speeds compared to the f23 trans.

only parts needed are the h22 trans.
I didnt use the inspection cover but it should bolt on
h22 shift fork
h22 throwout bearing ( recomend buying a new one)
vehicle speed sensor

Parts used from accord
-stock axles
-stock halfshaft
-stock accord f23 starter

only issue i encounted is when trying to fit the vss ( vehicle speed sensor) harness back to the h22 it didnt want to click in. easy fix i removed the white insolation in the harness side which is found inside the connector

also had the hard white insolation on the h22 vss removed aswell.
everything clicked in bolted up nice and was easy after that.

Made a video on how to do it. and it took me about 2 hours to drop the trans. re installing was easier.

Only nuts that may be hard to remove are the big 36mm axle nut and for some reason my 19mm radious arm to controll arm bolts where stuck and gave me problems. im shure if i had to do it again i could probably have it out in under an hour

Much better feeling overal. feels much quicker and pulls better on the lower RPM.

In the video i do it to my already h seires swaped coupe. but it will be the exact same on a f23 accord.

Id recomend this mod to any f23 who needs more pep in there car but dosent want to sacrifice reliability / drive ability

Last edited:

dawg316

Reaction score
If you decide that you want to get rid of that M2F4 0.871 5th gear, please lmk.

I did something similar. F23A1 trans, h23a1 3rd/4th/final drive. JDM F22 0.787 5th gear.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49310

Gonna try selling the whole trans localy first if it dosnt then il split the case and pull the 5th gear for you.

You need any m2y4 trans parts by anychance? got a spare thats already tooking apart

Accordx

Reaction score
Great write up + detailed video. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get the prelude m2y4 trans (junkyard or shipped) and about how much was it? Thanks

dawg316

Reaction score
Great write up + detailed video. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get the prelude m2y4 trans (junkyard or shipped) and about how much was it? Thanks

got it off craiglist for 300$ canadian. with LSD. had a few bolt holes that needed to be chased. soulda helicoiled it but meh.

got it off a guy who wanted to go h2b with his h22 ek

Back