ECU tune

datechboss101

Reaction score
On my list of the light modifications that I got planned to do on my CG5, I have planned to do an ECU tune-up. However, I have no clue and idea on what brand I should go that is reliable and won't screw up my f23 motor. I am definitely not looking for some crazy HP gains, just only looking for some HP gains that is enough to drive on interstates and not be passed by stock 10th gen Civics.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
On my list of the light modifications that I got planned to do on my CG5, I have planned to do an ECU tune-up. However, I have no clue and idea on what brand I should go that is reliable and won't screw up my f23 motor. I am definitely not looking for some crazy HP gains, just only looking for some HP gains that is enough to drive on interstates and not be passed by stock 10th gen Civics.

Well, unless you're looking at illegal street drag racing, I wouldn't mess with the ECU. I mean these cars were designed to be great cruisers, and road cars, not to mention they get pretty decent fuel economy to boot.
I like being able to run mine or my wife's Accord on the freeway at 80mph with the AC and cruise on. These cars will run for hours at a time without issue, if you keep them tuned up and keep the maintenance up, We use my wife's 2000 Accord with 4 cylinder and AT for road trips, and it performs great doing it. Three or 4 full size adults, and a trunk full of stuff and it rides great from full stop to fuel stop (about 320 miles between stops). I've also driven it for 16 hours at a time as well, so I know these cars ride good (better than any Civic I've ever ridden in).

If you want to beat Civics, buy a Civic and throw money at it (it's cheaper, and parts are available to do it).

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
Just avoid those scary new gen civics :rotflmao:
Nah but seriously there's not a lot of ecu options, most of them take some work/trial and error to actually function with the f23. As far as I'm concerned I'll stick to bolt-ons and stickers for my hp gains lol

capsidx

Reaction score
You can get an OBD1 conversion harness and run a chipped and socketed obd1 ecu like I did. Once you do that you can get it tuned at any dyno. I have a chipped and socketed P28 ecu that ran me $180.00. If you want to use it for street racing thats your call. Im just going to answer your question lol.

datechboss101

Reaction score
You can get an OBD1 conversion harness and run a chipped and socketed obd1 ecu like I did. Once you do that you can get it tuned at any dyno. I have a chipped and socketed P28 ecu that ran me $180.00. If you want to use it for street racing thats your call. Im just going to answer your question lol.

If I ever do any street racing, I'd get a 90s civic, gut the interior out and mod the hell out of it (the proper way). For now and for rest of my life, I ain't racing my CG or selling it.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
If I ever do any street racing, I'd get a 90s civic, gut the interior out and mod the hell out of it (the proper way). For now and for rest of my life, I ain't racing my CG or selling it.

In that case, I'd just leave it alone and drive it. The Honda engineers were pretty good at getting what they got on our cars.

datechboss101

Reaction score
In that case, I'd just leave it alone and drive it. The Honda engineers were pretty good at getting what they got on our cars.

Okay. I realized how well it drives on the interstate, so I don't need to worry about not having some higher HP. That means more money into down payment for my next car (weekend/project car).

Back