Enne's 1989 Honda Prelude Si 2.0 4WS

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Yes it was $2500, plus tax, title, and registration. They did the repairs for free.

Both shops that looked at it said the underside looks very, very good for the age of the car. When I get the chance, I will get under there and take pics, and more pics in general lol. I'm trying to not drive it at all until the timing belt gets replaced.

After that it's an ATF and oil change, and a good detailing! I'm actually a little excited to detail the interior. The paint though, I will have to get some help with. It has a bunch of little surface scratches and stuff.

Sounds like a way to work off a small Chevy to me. ;)

Enne

Reaction score
Sounds like a way to work off a small Chevy to me. ;)
He's actually going to pay for my Camaro's upcoming repair bills for the rear main seal, and a few other things in exchange for the Cavalier. But he's also excited to get under the hood of the Prelude, free of charge lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Pop-up headlights. That is all.

Ha nice find, I always liked these. Does the 4 wheel steering still work?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
He's actually going to pay for my Camaro's upcoming repair bills for the rear main seal, and a few other things in exchange for the Cavalier. But he's also excited to get under the hood of the Prelude, free of charge lol

Sounds like a win win for the both of you. :)

Enne

Reaction score
Pop-up headlights. That is all.

Ha nice find, I always liked these. Does the 4 wheel steering still work?
Headlights go up, headlights go down, headlights go up...

It sure does still work! Perfectly in fact. It's super neat.

aeastman1204

Reaction score
Sweet find! And cheap too. The salvage yard near me has some older Accords and Civics that probably have the old cassette deck. If I can find one and you're up for it I'd be willing to trade for that Pioneer unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enne

Reaction score
Sweet find! And cheap too. The salvage yard near me has some older Accords and Civics that probably have the old cassette deck. If I can find one and you're up for it I'd be willing to trade for that Pioneer unit

You really want this old CD player? Lol

If I'm going all original I'm gonna need one from a 3rd gen Prelude, with a radio code I guess. If you happen to find one of those I'll gladly trade you haha

aeastman1204

Reaction score
lol I have quite a few vehicles from the 90s and one of them needs a radio. I want something period correct. As far as the prelude radio goes, not sure how much luck I'll have with that. Usually they only have Accords and Civics but I'll keep my eyes open

Enne

Reaction score
Changed the ATF yesterday. Really needed done; I noticed that it downshifts a little better. I'll be draining and refilling after a while. Car is running pretty okay besides that. Need to wash and detail him once it gets warm out.

Enne

Reaction score
1c926029d828e2c6f11e8c8b7a259e0c.jpg

f73a3e4381e069028ee14e65715b3834.jpg

c5a667def0e49c2aacab4519ecfde9cf.jpg

63e9de7b82462aab907e74e2ec374b2e.jpg

Back