How many miles does your accord have?

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
So I've been feeling self conscious about the milage of my car, it kills me to watch it climb and climb nearer to 215k. Then again it's it's first engine and it runs great. To make myself feel a little better I want to know how many miles your car has? Chassis miles, engine miles, how many engines has it had?
I'm curious to how many of you have a car with about 200k with a new engine because I've been trying to sell my accord with no luck surprisingly because it's a clean car. I've been thinking that maybe I should keep it, build an engine for it and put a few thousand dollars in it make a car I really enjoy and in a few years it will sell for a little more when I try to buy up and I'll have more money saved.

phi1542

Reaction score
Mine has only had the original engine in it. 255k on the engine and chassis. No swaps. I got the car when it had about 214k miles on it. Lots of problems for the past 3 years and I replaced almost everything in the car lmao. Now I don't have that many issues with it and it runs well. I looked under my oil cap and its very clean. If you take care of your car it will last no problem lol depending on if you want to keep the car for a long time I wouldn't bother doing an engine swap and stuff. I would only invest the time and money if I'm keeping the car for a long time. Just my two cents haha

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
Mine has only had the original engine in it. 255k on the engine and chassis. No swaps. I got the car when it had about 214k miles on it. Lots of problems for the past 3 years and I replaced almost everything in the car lmao. Now I don't have that many issues with it and it runs well. I looked under my oil cap and its very clean. If you take care of your car it will last no problem lol depending on if you want to keep the car for a long time I wouldn't bother doing an engine swap and stuff. I would only invest the time and money if I'm keeping the car for a long time. Just my two cents haha
Lol dude I looked at yours and it's sexy as hell. I'll keep the car a few more years so I'll put a few grand in it. Probably just coilovers, wheels, pretty the paint up and get rid of the little dents, and I'll put $1000-2000 in the engine. The better I made it the longer I'll keep it... Heck maybe I'll even keep it long enough I can buy another car along with it and the project car... It's paid off so heck with it.

phi1542

Reaction score
Lol dude I looked at yours and it's sexy as hell. I'll keep the car a few more years so I'll put a few grand in it. Probably just coilovers, wheels, pretty the paint up and get rid of the little dents, and I'll put $1000-2000 in the engine. The better I made it the longer I'll keep it... Heck maybe I'll even keep it long enough I can buy another car along with it and the project car... It's paid off so heck with it.

Thanks! It looks ok now with the TL wheels. I definitely miss the stance life... I dont plan to keep the car forever so I didn't invest in air suspension lmao I plan to get a newer car after college once i can afford it. Yeah and a lip kit would be a good idea too! Maybe retrofit headlights too lol

What kind is it? v6 or i4? auto? Engine and tranny swap would be nice if you plan on keeping the car and are willing to pour the cash into it hahaha

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
there is a high mileage 6ga thread around here somewhere.

but i have 150k, bought it at 115k back in 2010 in september. no real issues. i beat this thing because i dont care about it anymore, and have been for the better part of 3 years. i change the oil when i feel like it and havent washed it in months. i love this damn car because it simply wont die

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
What about the cars that have had some more money put into them? I know some of you are first owners and if that's the case then I could see them having less miles, but I wouldn't believe any of you have put serious money into the engine and not had it replaced or rebuilt. Even those of you with thousands of dollars in the body and suspension are you running around with 200k on the engine.
I'm probably going to do a g23 if I keep this car so in my case it probably won't look bad if I rebuild the factory numbers matching engine. I'm not killing any value I have right?

sg_81

Reaction score
Mine has 236k original motor 5spd and it runs like a champ but yesterday i did drive it hard down the coast and my engine light came on :snoopfacepalm: might be time for its first swap.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
230k, and it performs better than stock.

Remember, these are Honda's.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
230k, and it performs better than stock.

Remember, these are Honda's.

True but nobody else understands that, I can't get a buyer. The reason behind me asking is to see if it would be a bad idea to do an engine rebuild. Mine doesn't need a rebuild but if I do I'll keep the car longer, I can say the engine has less miles and I won't keep it stock.

Back