Civic or Accord?

Spikeli27

Reaction score
hi i am new to the forum and i have a few questions.

i am in process of buying my first car. i was interested in the accord bc its its bigger than the civic and better looking stock. but, after researching and reading forums, it seems as if the accord is slow and doesnt have much potential. i do plan on doing mods when i get more money and i am not into racing but i want to have a fun car to drive.

i have about $3500 to buy a car, would it be better for me to buy a civic bc of it being easier to find parts?

one more thing, i recently test drove a 99 accord dx 4door 5spd 155k miles, good condition for $3000, i am aware that the engine doesnt have vtec but i wonder how much different it actually makes.

thanks for any useful input!

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Civic is definitely a better platform to work with as far as mods and especially performance mods go. Unfortunately, the aftermarket support for the 6thgen accord is not half as much as any gen civic.
So, if you want dime a dozen parts, go for a civic, if you want to be a gangzta, I welcome you to the game ;)

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I don't think there is a single person on this site that is going to tell you to get a Civic, I think this question would be more suited for a board like Honda Tech that caters to all models, where you will get an unbiased opinion.

It's kinda like going on a Mustang Forum and asking if you should get a GT Mustang or a Focus.

t.blackaccord

Reaction score
stock wise civic is slower than the accord even tho its smaller and lighter
it makes a lot of noise and goes no where
it is true however if you go with the older gen civics there is a lot of after market support to make it a LOT faster than the accord for cheaper.

but in the end. ACCORDS FTW!!!

Spikeli27

Reaction score
I don't think there is a single person on this site that is going to tell you to get a Civic, I think this question would be more suited for a board like Honda Tech that caters to all models, where you will get an unbiased opinion.

It's kinda like going on a Mustang Forum and asking if you should get a GT Mustang or a Focus.

Yea i understand but i like this forum and felt like posting here. I am asking for an unbiased opinion.

So its easier and cheaper to mod a civic to go fast than an accord right? i know its a vague question but i just want some insight.

P.S. i am mainly looking at the 6th gen civic

can any1 list the pros to getting a 6th gen accord?

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I like civics but just the fact that most of them you see on the road are riced and not modded tastefully, that's a turn off for me right there

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Trying to mod an Accord will put you right out of the box because almost every major performance mod will be a custom one as opposed to a civic that you can just buy parts for dime a dozen.
Appearance wise, a 6th gen accord is far more better looking than a 6th gen civic.
Your car can end up looking something like this
9_8_08_031_29_30_tonemapped_copy.jpg

or this..
Picture002-3-1-1.jpg

your call

nyknick1015

Reaction score
IN DEED!!!

if you are definately gonna mod somewhere inthe future, i would never recommend some1 going to civic. Every meet i go to or pass always has an assload of civics where i would be the only accord or one of 2, especially a 6th gen... i feel liek the 6th gen is so out of the box as compared with civics because its separate from its earlier models (4th and 5th) which are just like civics where parts are a dime a dozen and they all look the same

Back