I couldn't loose oil drain plug

sakulakao

Reaction score
I bought 5 quart of oil and filter recently. I got the problem .I couldn't loose the nut .it's too tight .Does someone have good idea ? Could use hammer to push the
wrench ?

jwong512

Reaction score
Use a breaker bar. You should get a better grip and more leverage that way. Better hope your pan isn't stripped from being tightened too hard.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
ESL.

Just use an extention bar to get more leverage on whatever you're using. If the bolt is seized though - you can break it. Try to work it loose by hand, like put some serious strength into it. Use PB-Blaster on it first though to make sure it gets in there to eat away at anything holding it.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Lol cut it out bullies! He's a healthy vegan. A paradox.

On second thought, there definitely needs to a be a DIY for this project. Where's the DIY?

Try taking an example from this guy:

6081364914_965036cf3f.jpg

And once your obsolete 40 year old antenna is mounted, follow this kid's lead, he knows how to deal with some tough bolts from the looks of it:

image208.jpg

Look at the leverage he's using on that ratchet and his position relative to it - obviously optimum to get the bolt off.

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
I thought there was one on the master guide. I'm doing my oil and tranny this weekend so I'll take pics and make one.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
When you make it, please don't forget to tell us what size socket fits the drain bolt and which way we need to turn it so it comes off, I forget that part. Or should I rent one of those presses at Autozone to press the bolt outta there?

F350spyder

Reaction score
You can always go the cheap route and put the circular part of a wrench on the end of the handle of the rachet to create more leverage. Cheaper than buying a breaker bar, even though i would highly suggest getting one.

Back