Dismantled my entire dash for heatercore...

Yungsurge408

Reaction score
I am four days into my first and hopefully final attempt at try replacing the heater core in my 2001 3.0 v6. After finally getting the dash out of the car entirely after two days i can't seem to figure out the actual replacing of the heater core. I've seen people post diagrams out of manuals on here, if anybody has one that might help me along with this task it would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks in advance!!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I can't help you but I would like to say I applaud you for attempting to do this. I hope it all works out!

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
I am four days into my first and hopefully final attempt at try replacing the heater core in my 2001 3.0 v6. After finally getting the dash out of the car entirely after two days i can't seem to figure out the actual replacing of the heater core. I've seen people post diagrams out of manuals on here, if anybody has one that might help me along with this task it would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks in advance!!!

I would like to say I did this in my 96 Audi A4 and let me say, it was much easier than I had intended it to be... I removed the dash then went under the hood to find the heater core in and out feed tubes and went inside to locate the heater box, found out I had to make a disconnection of some refrigerant lines to remove the whole climate box so I found the heater box is held to the rest of the climate box with a couple clips and I disconnected that and only took out the heater box. Now I know this is not for the V6A as you were asking but just thought this would give some help.

Back