DIY - 98-02 Accord Valve Adjustment (4 cylinder, VTEC specific)

akoutmos

Reaction score
Found a video of this being done. thought it might help people to see the procedure in action. The guy has some other nice videos too. LINK

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
^used this guy for bunch of questions i had about doin stuff. he does a really good job in his videos.

None the less, i still have a question which hasn't really been answered with certainty... Does this improve MPG? My 02 I4 is getting worse MPG than my buddy's 01 V6! That's not cool :madrun:

nsjames

Reaction score
^used this guy for bunch of questions i had about doin stuff. he does a really good job in his videos.

None the less, i still have a question which hasn't really been answered with certainty... Does this improve MPG? My 02 I4 is getting worse MPG than my buddy's 01 V6! That's not cool :madrun:

no, a valve adjustment is not likely to get you MPG back. If the valves were so far out of adjustment they affected your fuel economy then your motor would run like ***.

I would troubleshoot other things in the EFI management. o2 sensors getting lazy is a good place to start, plugs/wires/ your basic tune up.

Slow

Reaction score
I have a question would the valve ticking go away when put in drive I'm trying to figure out this noise I'm hearing

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
I doubt the noise would go away when your car is in drive since the engine still has to run, that only disengages your auto transmission.:greenchainsaw:

mono tec.

Reaction score
I did the work very easy you maid it for me but it stills ticks a little bit should. Should I do it like the other guy explains?

Mine is still ticking should I do .10 and .12

Last edited by a moderator:
Back