Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
Re: Mikey's 2001 Accord Coupe EX

Put LED bulbs in the headlights strips, lol. "It has begun!!" :lawl:

Ryder, ive considered that, but....eh. It'll have to 180* bulbs and those tend to be bigger and wider than the OEM bulbs, so id have to cut up the light/socket and again, something i dont wanna do. Im sitting on that one. Id like to knock out a few OEM optional items first. Next on my list is probably the sunroof visor and a trunk-net. I also wanna see about hooking up the HomeLink.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

It'll have to 180* bulbs

Sorry, can you rephrase this? Not sure what that means. lol

I was just saying since you want the turn signal section of the tails to be LED lighting as well, and since funky put no board in that part, you could juse use a plug n play 3057/3157 LED bulb.

Mikey

Reaction score

LED bulbs are made in different forms. The most popular being the ones that only point light in one direction. Creating a "dot"-like light. They dont emit light in all directions. The LED bulbs that DO emit light in more than one direction, are usually thicker and fatter and are harder to get through the bulb hole in the tail light.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Yeah the newer bulbs being made have gotten smaller and have more directional firing LED's. I have outfitted every exterior light with LED bulbs from www.vleds.com with no problems in fitment or function. If you do use LED turn signal bulbs, you will need to replace your flasher unit or use some load resistors to avoid hyper-flashing.

Mikey

Reaction score

There was a "brown box" trick in the CBs, for that. Can you do that with these or do you have to use the load resistors?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I'm not familiar with that, sorry. For our cars you can buy an LED flasher unit or load resistors. The flasher is the better/easier way to go, & can be had from Advance for like $10. It's plug n play.

Mikey

Reaction score

Yeah, the load equalizers are a hassle and tend to heat up as well.

I was referring to this; quoted from another forum....

permanently bypass the BRAKE failure indicator?

it all starts at the brown box in the driver side outer tail light..

cut the white/green wire (or just remove the pin) that went to the brown box, and connect it to Ground(-). you can tap into the other solid black wires that go along with the tail light wiring on that side.

Mikey

Reaction score

Also programmed my HomeLink last night. Im gonna see about getting a set of LEDs for the license plate tonight and work on that.

Ralphie

Reaction score

Also programmed my HomeLink last night. Im gonna see about getting a set of LEDs for the license plate tonight and work on that.

Nice nice!

Im waiting on some stuff to sell so i can buy the HID kit.

Back