Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
New job might suck. It's call center work and I'm not good on phones, with people or a fast typer, lol. We'll see. I'm still gonna be actively looking for something that fits me better.

As for suspension...I keep thinking...I initially wanted to go with the Yellows and GCs but, thanks to Tbax, I keep thinking about F2s....

Type1s are probably out. I've really considered Type2s. I don't know how they compare to the yellow/GC setup but...I still figured it'd be worth the research.

Thoughts?

ejreams

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see why you really 'Need' a set up like Koni's GC's but hey maybe you do.
I have some F2's right now and I think they're awesome, they ride really well and I'm pretty low. I'm not entirely sure how they handle as I haven't put my sway bars or anything back on yet so I have massive under steer but.. in due time I'll know.

Mikey

Reaction score
I want easy adjustability. I don't have the resources to take them off the car to change height if I want to.

The yellows/gcs will give me drop while maintaining a comfortable ride. I want a ride as smooth as OEM while being low. I know being low means sacrificing ride quality but I want to retain as much ride quality as I can. It is my belief that the yellow/gcs will do that. I know the type2s will give me low and good ride quality but I feel it will be stiff and harsh. I don't want stiff and harsh.

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
Question for you, The woodgrain sticker you bought off Honda, can you see any of the silver radio bezel underneath or around it? I am wanting to buy it to match everything, but want to make sure no silver will be showing. Any way I could get some close up shots?

Bax

Reaction score
As for suspension...I keep thinking...I initially wanted to go with the Yellows and GCs but, thanks to Tbax, I keep thinking about F2s....
heyyyy that's meeeeeeee :ownedrun:

I want easy adjustability. I don't have the resources to take them off the car to change height if I want to.

The yellows/gcs will give me drop while maintaining a comfortable ride. I want a ride as smooth as OEM while being low. I know being low means sacrificing ride quality but I want to retain as much ride quality as I can. It is my belief that the yellow/gcs will do that. I know the type2s will give me low and good ride quality but I feel it will be stiff and harsh. I don't want stiff and harsh.
honestly, if you don't want to SLAM the car, and want a comfortable ride, Tein coilovers would probably be good for you. talk to Levin about his ( i think he has them) if he still has his. I can't remember but I think that's the ones he has on his car.

I think the F2s are stiffer than the F1s, and while the F1s aren't quite as stiff as I want them to be, they're definitely not "comfortable" like the oem ones. but that's what i want, because it's a tradeoff, not just for looks. Stiffer ride means better handling... to a degree anyways. I wouldn't want anything softer than my type1s though to be honest. you get used to the kinda stiff ride. it feels sportier feeling more bumps in the road, at least to me anyways.

Mikey

Reaction score
Question for you, The woodgrain sticker you bought off Honda, can you see any of the silver radio bezel underneath or around it? I am wanting to buy it to match everything, but want to make sure no silver will be showing. Any way I could get some close up shots?
If it was from TAS or HandA. It came with over a dozen pieces of double-sided tape already on it. I had to position all the backing pieces just right so I could set it on, and pull the backs off. You'll see, if you get one. I'm overly-anal about stuff like that and I got it damn near perfect. The Grey doesn't show through, but since it's a sticker, I can feel/see the old Grey one, around the edges. I'll get some pics for ya. ;)

Thanks for the radio, btw. That'll be the next thing I do to my car, lol.

heyyyy that's meeeeeeee :ownedrun:

honestly, if you don't want to SLAM the car, and want a comfortable ride, Tein coilovers would probably be good for you. talk to Levin about his ( i think he has them) if he still has his. I can't remember but I think that's the ones he has on his car.

I think the F2s are stiffer than the F1s, and while the F1s aren't quite as stiff as I want them to be, they're definitely not "comfortable" like the oem ones. but that's what i want, because it's a tradeoff, not just for looks. Stiffer ride means better handling... to a degree anyways. I wouldn't want anything softer than my type1s though to be honest. you get used to the kinda stiff ride. it feels sportier feeling more bumps in the road, at least to me anyways.
ERMAHGERD!! People postin in mah thread!! :147703263745b138a51:147703263745b138a51

I haven't looked in Teins much. Ever since that whole "fake ones going around" thing a while back, I think everyone has been steering clear of them. I want smooth ride. I know being lowered means sacrificing smooth ride, I understand that. I also don't want to tuck tires. I'm OK with a 0-1 finger gap.

This is a hard thing for me to do, lol. I can't try it on, necessarily, and I can't take it back, necessarily. So I have to get it right on the first try, lol. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a ride I don't like. I think ill like whatever I get though, lol.

I'm curious how what the type 2s ride on full soft. Someone do that and let me know. :lawl:

I've seen chris' car and while I haven't ridden in it, I have a feeling he and I have/want the same kind of ride quality. That's why I think ill stick with the Yellows. Once we know the deal with the GCs, ill either go that way or the Eibachs.

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
If it was from TAS or HandA. It came with over a dozen pieces of double-sided tape already on it. I had to position all the backing pieces just right so I could set it on, and pull the backs off. You'll see, if you get one. I'm overly-anal about stuff like that and I got it damn near perfect. The Grey doesn't show through, but since it's a sticker, I can feel/see the old Grey one, around the edges. I'll get some pics for ya. ;)

Thanks for the radio, btw. That'll be the next thing I do to my car, lol.

ERMAHGERD!! People postin in mah thread!! :147703263745b138a51:147703263745b138a51

I haven't looked in Teins much. Ever since that whole "fake ones going around" thing a while back, I think everyone has been steering clear of them. I want smooth ride. I know being lowered means sacrificing smooth ride, I understand that. I also don't want to tuck tires. I'm OK with a 0-1 finger gap.

This is a hard thing for me to do, lol. I can't try it on, necessarily, and I can't take it back, necessarily. So I have to get it right on the first try, lol. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a ride I don't like. I think ill like whatever I get though, lol.

I'm curious how what the type 2s ride on full soft. Someone do that and let me know. :lawl:

I've seen chris' car and while I haven't ridden in it, I have a feeling he and I have/want the same kind of ride quality. That's why I think ill stick with the Yellows. Once we know the deal with the GCs, ill either go that way or the Eibachs.
you may think you'll be content with a 1 finger gap,but you won't be. you'll be adjusting to tuck tire within weeks or maybe a month or two. everyone catches the low-bug. haha
you can tuck a little tire, and still not rub on turns and have full functionality i promise. I tucked a little tire when I first lowered both of my cgs, and I never really start rubbing until I adjust to tuck like 1-2" of tire. whenever you turn the wheel to where you think it'll rub, the wheel "cambers?" when you turn it a little, so it isn't as close as you think it is.

I think even Chris has said he wishes he just had full coilovers sometimes. I'm sure the yellows/GC is a nice set up, but there's a reason more people have coilovers than that setup. I'd just get up with Ken and ask him which is softer, the Type 1s, or the Type 2s on the softest setting, then get whichever one it is.

I'd really only consider FnF or Tein, but i didn't know about that Tein thing. :thinking:

Back