Blazinqwickly's 96 DB8 Mistress.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
So came the time that the suspension needed replacing, so I placed a order for a set of Fortune Auto 500's fitted with custom rate Swift springs.
The bushings were toast and the end links were cashed as well, so I went ahead and replaced every single thing I could get my hands on with Hard Race or Moog Problem solver bushings, sway bars included.
Also included a set of skunk2 pro + camber arms.

I took a day to install everything and get the height set reasonable enough to get down the road and still have room for the springs to settle.

Also got my windows Tined with ..

Then I headed down to Texas Track Works for a full corner balance and alignment to bring the geometry back into spec.

So I decided it was time to ditch the GSR transmission in favor of a new ITR transmission from Honda with a limited slip diff and 4:40 gear set.

So here is the final weight with my 178lb ballast in the car with each corner dialed in, so without me, this is a 2,600lb car, not bad for a 4 door car.

Love what you've done with it, and the color looks great on it. Was the cat back in stainless? Man that engine looks clean and well dressed out. If it wasn't for emissions, you could run 4 ITBs on a MegaSquirt 3 set up, and burn E-85 on it. :) Or maybe you have something more sinister planned.

But looking at that car, I see a lot of my 97 Accord, and some of my 99/00 in it as well. Some of the shapes and design que's are there. Very unique car that's also eye catching in color and body style. I like it.:driver::head3::party52:

dawg316

Reaction score
cars looking nice. gotta love the parts avaliability and ease of workability ona integra

btw didnt even no you can get a brand new trans straight from the dealer.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Love what you've done with it, and the color looks great on it. Was the cat back in stainless? Man that engine looks clean and well dressed out. If it wasn't for emissions, you could run 4 ITBs on a MegaSquirt 3 set up, and burn E-85 on it. :) Or maybe you have something more sinister planned.

But looking at that car, I see a lot of my 97 Accord, and some of my 99/00 in it as well. Some of the shapes and design que's are there. Very unique car that's also eye catching in color and body style. I like it.:driver::head3::party52:

Thanks Rusty, I have been putting a lot of time and effort into this car and there is so much time and effort left to put in to be honest.

The exhaust system you speak of is a cat back system ,a Magnaflow straight threw exhaust to be exact, it is stainless and backed by a lifetime warranty.

I really like the color too, but it took a little while to grow on me to be honest because I came from a voltage blue metallic Integra and had fallen in love with that color previously. But the more I started looking into what this metallic green looked like new, the more interested I started becoming in the color itself.

Hahahaha, yes.. I do have something more sinister planned for it sir, sir :smoke2: :favorites13: that much I can tell you about.. for now..it:secret: :waytogo:

ITB's for daily is pretty crazy..But you are talking one serious grip of cash for one that will really do the job properly with a good amount of engineering behind it. Heck you would need a plenum set up and filter element, maybe something like a Kinsler would do the trick, but that is out of the price range for now , one can dream though, but who knows, some dreams do come true.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
cars looking nice. gotta love the parts avaliability and ease of workability ona integra

btw didnt even no you can get a brand new trans straight from the dealer.

Heck yeah, thanks man and I do love the ease of workability on a Integra and it is easier to find certain parts on it there is no doubt about that.

Yeah I ordered the transmission brand new from Honda after searching forever and came across a site that had one on sale. After pricing out what it was going to be to build up my GSR transmission with a new limited slip diff and switch it from a taper to a roller bearing style, then change the gear ratios and adding carbon synchro's we were looking at the same price not including shipping pretty much.
So I made the choice to take the new one on sale from Honda and I dident have to wait for down time or for turn around time on the transmission to be built and then pay shipping cost on top of that.
That might be a road later down the road, but for now this is the one that worked best for myself, the only thing that I don't like is the RPM's when cruising on a toll road because of the gearing, it barely stays out of Vtec at that speed, but that will be moved higher later for tuning reasons.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I really enjoy the Fortune Auto coilovers with the custom rated Swift springs, when you are on the throttle hard, the ultra digressive dampening really shines in these, there were a few main criteria's a shock absorber must meet before I even consider trusting my life with them at high speeds or in daily life's chaotic conditions of what ever may arise if you will.

1) Is there REAL and PROPER R&D behind it?

2) Are they rebuildable?

3) Are they reliable?

4) Can they be revalved?

5) Are their custom rates available and what is the spring material made of & the weight?

6) Are they built here or some where reputable? Or are they just cranked out in a China factory with no tolerances in place half the time?

7) Are they built with quality materials with a proper rust coating. (This is more of a concern then you think if you ever seen a adjustable sleeve or shock body rust)

So the Fortune Auto's check all 7 of the concerns that need to be met when I decided, now here is where the cake gets the frosting all us enjoy getting a quick taste of and running off with a good taste in your mouth.
They are actually the most tolerable entry level coilovers (granted the valving and springs were upgraded) I have driven on to this day for the money you spend and in the long run, we all know the nature of coilovers can be a little uncomfortable on some roads (I'm old and crotchety LOL) but that's simply the nature of the beast when you drive on a crappy road in general.
But you are not buying coils to say " Oh I wanted it to ride like a marsh mellow" we all buy them because we want proper feed back from the road and get the center of gravity a lil more balanced and to tackle a little body roll.

If you are really interested in the price, they have everything listed up on the site that you can comb threw and get a really good idea of where you need to be money wise and when it comes to making the purchase if you private message me I can give you authorized dealer I used to help me save a little on them.

The main thing you need to be patient with when ordering, is the turn around time, it is around 5-6 weeks for them to hand built, then assembled and then dyno all 4 shocks and make any final adjustments that your shocks may need to be the best they can for your custom application.

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I had some new little play pretties show up and thought I would share them with every one.
BTW is it just me or is saving up buying part by part hard to do because you are constantly looking at it just wanting to put it on the car? LOL, if not then maybe I am just speaking for myself lol.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Went out with the wife over the week, checked out this new pizza place and loved it so much I bought one to take home ( not even their biggest one LOL) and it almost did not fit in the car LOL.

Any ways a few more parts arrived, snagged a brand new ITR valve terrain from Honda Inner and outer springs

I am waiting on a few more items to arrive while I tackle the lawn today, should be posting some more photos this evening.

Back