High Mileage 6th Gens

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
In a 6 year frame too. That dude must be crazy haha. I have 107k miles on mine :p. I was at Walmart looking at Motor Oils and I was wondering which one should I use for my next change? Pennzoil 5W-20 Regular or Pennzoil 5W-20 High Mileage? The high mileage one is about an extra dollar per quart but I'm willing to spend that.

fyi...theres rebate for pennzoil motor oil

Pennzoil® SUV,
Truck & Minivan or
Pennzoil® High
Mileage Vehicle®
$10 Rebate

Pennzoil® Motor Oil
$5 Rebate

Pennzoil
Platinum®
Full Synthetic
$15 Rebate

jwong512

Reaction score
fyi...theres rebate for pennzoil motor oil

Pennzoil® SUV,
Truck & Minivan or
Pennzoil® High
Mileage Vehicle®
$10 Rebate

Pennzoil® Motor Oil
$5 Rebate

Pennzoil
Platinum®
Full Synthetic
$15 Rebate

Oh yeah, I saw that but my car recently just got an oil change about 1k ago. My mechanic said that with the new oil he put in there I can perform a change ever 5k miles instead of 3k. I doubt he put Synthetic Oil in my motor as I only paid him about $20-$30 for the oil change. Should I trust him or should I just change it every 3k? And should I use the Pennzoil 5W-20 Regular or Pennzoil 5W-20 High Mileage?

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I saw that but my car recently just got an oil change about 1k ago. My mechanic said that with the new oil he put in there I can perform a change ever 5k miles instead of 3k. I doubt he put Synthetic Oil in my motor as I only paid him about $20-$30 for the oil change. Should I trust him or should I just change it every 3k? And should I use the Pennzoil 5W-20 Regular or Pennzoil 5W-20 High Mileage?

The oil only needs to be changed every 3k miles if you want to support the oil companies. the 3k OCI's is a thing of the past. Dino oil can easily last more than 3k. Best thing to do is have your oil tested to see how often you need to change it.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The oil only needs to be changed every 3k miles if you want to support the oil companies. the 3k OCI's is a thing of the past. Dino oil can easily last more than 3k. Best thing to do is have your oil tested to see how often you need to change it.

I dont know how many times ive said this but Ill say it again. A general Rule of thumb has not changed. Every 3k change your oil. If you do this, im sure you will double the life of your engine.

Last edited:

slowaccord

Reaction score
I dont know how many times ive said this but Ill say it again. A general Rule of thumb has not changed. Every 3k change your oil. If you do this, im sure you will double the life of your engine.

that is the biggest myth in the industry. do your research and you will see that for 99% of us 3k is wasting good oil. 7500 is good for regular oil and i will argue 10k for full synthetic

onthe3rdday

Reaction score
that is the biggest myth in the industry. do your research and you will see that for 99% of us 3k is wasting good oil. 7500 is good for regular oil and i will argue 10k for full synthetic

I'm with you on that one. I've seen the studies to support those claims. I have 210,000 (orig engine) on my Accord with great compression across all 4 cyl, and I've got an Acura Legend w/ 245,000. 7500 miles p/oil change on each. I use synthetic if that means anything.

jwong512

Reaction score
Hmm, after talking to John I think I'm gonna use Valvoline 5W-20. Not synthetic, just regular stuff.

Back